Stashalong--Week 3 of 13

How is everyone holding up? Those of you with gift certificates or who were the recipients of gifts are very lucky--I saw some neat stuff people got this week. We are almost a quarter of the way through the Stashalong and almost everyone is staying strong. I know that we all can do it! I'm really looking forward to that last post on April 4th, when I get to let everyone know what we all bought after our three month diet :)

Happy knitting!



Little Diva's Scarf


Rage's Unseamed Sweater

Kim: Not a lot of progress this week with the sickies(which returned to Little Rage with a vengeance on Sunday night) and DH on vacation. I did finish Little Diva's novelty scarf--she's six and very much into novelty yarn whereas her mommy is definitely not. I finished the hood to Little Rage's sweater(10.5 inches of stockinette); it's great for knitting in front of the TV. This week will be a sparse knitting week for me as I am giving in to my desire to stitch and therefore pulling out Arwen and Aragorn for the week. My only knitting goal for next week is to get Rage's sweater finished anything else is a bonus.

Amanda:
...had a gift addition to her stash
...completed a WTW blanket from 24 balls of stash! (182-24=158 balls left)
...began a pair of legwarmers for the Cover your Ankles KAL with Woolease Navy Fleck
...began another blanket for WTW she likes to call boiled egg
...started her floral bookmark for KTC (almost done!)
...finished her K2 R1 scarf for WTW
...began sock pair #2 with her Dancing Sock Yarn

Andrea: Is working on a cashmere(mmmmmmm, yummy) scarf, but there are no pics of it yet as it is a gift for her mom who has blog access--I can't wait to see it though!

Ann: Has finished a knitted kitty and received a cool book from 1890--fascinating.

Brianne: Has become a sock knitter and turned her first heel! Congrats--let the addiction begin :) She's also working on Hopeful, an Irish Hiking Scarf, some tank tops, fingerless mittens, and a sweater vest. She also spent 2.5 hours in a yarn shop and didn't get anything except what was required for her class--Good for you!!

Chris: Is managing to get her Jaywalker knit despite some cat attacks during photo sessions. Chaos--take it easy boy--after what he did to the toy you knit him I'd be afraid to leave handknit sweaters out :)

Cynthia: nothing new to report.

Deena: Is busy. She's been Kool Aid dying in order to make the Somewhat Cowl. She's also going to make a cable knit purse with some funky lining fabric.

e: is almost finished with some socks.

Eliza: Has quite the optimistic list of socks to be knit--those should keep you busy for a few weeks.

Eva: nothing new to report

Hanne: Made a mistake she decided to keep on her sack sweater(from the first SnB I believe) and she's going to start Mist from Rowan 26, and she's making a scrap blanket--1 square down, 100 to go!

Hayley: has finished a sock, showed her sock yarn stash(very nice), has been invited on a yarn crawl(will she stay strong?), and has a dozen WIPs(Mom Socks, her Socks, Skull Hat, Mikaylas pullover, Corner to Corner baby blanket, yo-yo afghan, miter square afghan, sampler scarf, ugliest afghan ever, Jessie sweater, Cable sweater, Camo afghan, and Crochet baby sweater).

Jaya: computer trouble.

Jerry: THIS JUST IN: she has finished the stunning Ella--great colors and a lovely photo backdrop.

Joanne: Is working on her Color on Color scarf(now that she figured out where she left off) and her friendship afghan. While perusing an old pattern book she found a crazy balaclava pattern--I think it's pretty funny.

Justsewcrafty: has finished her triple knitalong worthy Hermione mittens, is working on a top down sweater, and created a "stash gallery".

K: finished a scarf, is working on some toe up socks(great color, BTW), and is trying to decide on baby blanket colors.

Kat: last chance to comment with your blog address. HOLY COW--I think I may have accidently found her--more on that next week.

Kate: is working on some really bright Lorna's Laces Jaywalkers and a stunning Clapotis in Noro silk garden.

Katie: Is making a Booga bag, finished Spherey, is making a ribbon scarf, and is trying to make Unbiased but has run into a yarn snag.

Lauren: if I counted right she's got 3 pairs of socks on the needles(and that's a lot of needles, BTW), tried her hand at spinning, AND most importantly has just made it one year since quitting smoking--Good for you!!!!

Liz: has three projects in the "needs to be finished" pile--how many of you fall into that trap, you finish knitting it but you don't actually put it together--I've been there. She's also having some gauge problems with Pipkin.

Margene: Is working on some socks(Jaywalkers and a Fancy Silk sock), has heard the call of lace knitting(and answered it), finished a repeat on Rosarie(which I am loving), and went to her SnBs 2nd birthday party.

Marina: First, check out her Thursday post with a beautiful Fair Isle sweater ready to be cut and if that's not enough she finished one repeat of the pattern from the Crossed in Translation KAL and it looks great!

Marlana: Has finished a hat and some felted slippers. In non knitting news she's also finished a Texas pillow and is putting in some work on her scrap afghan.

Marsha: Is starting her second color on Charlotte

Mary: Is dreaming of future projects(which look very intriguing by the way), but unfortunately work has disrupted her knitting time. She has found time to work on some much needed kitchen wash cloths.

Michelle: Is working on an afghan and Hot Lava. She has some beautiful Helen's Lace(for Enes) and Koigu(for a Latifa scarf) from the preStashalong yarn crawl--very lovely.

Nicola: Has been a finishing fiend this week. She's finished a scarf, a sock from Socks, Socks, Socks, and a second mitered rug. She also has three WIPs!

Norma: Has embarked on an enviable charity knitting project--if you have red yarn in your stash and can knit quickly, check out her Thursday post. Now unfortunately she does not have enough yarn to finish the scarf--so--she had to order some. Now technically it disqualifies her from Stashalong, but it's also for a good cause(it's not like she went on an impulse buying frenzy). So let me put it out there to you fellow Stashalongers--stay or go? I'll give you the consensus next week.

Procrastiknitter: Is going to start work on a feather and fan throw and is working on some socks.

Ramona: Is working on My So Called Scarf and a sock(which her 18 month old got a hold of--not good for the ball of yarn but the sock is still standing). She also has a funny sock story(it's only funny because it didn't happen to me).

Ronda: nothing new to report.

Ruth: finished some darling sheep baby booties and has a really cute story about a much loved scarf :)

Shara: has been moving(I know what that does to knitting time--good luck)

Stacey: Is working on two scarves and Charlotte.

Stephanie: Has started a Blossom Jacket and needs to stay strong in the face of yummy sock yarn.

Susan: Received some gift yarn this week and finished a lovely barf(her word not mine--although that color is definitely not my cup of tea) colored sweater

Tam: Is working on Gioia, starting a snowflake sweater, shared some good sock pattern links, and is joining Norma in charity knitting!

Teri: finished her first Stashalong project: socks(great color).

Theresa: Finished some more Christmas ornaments(great stash reducer), worked on Winter Folly, worked on Rogue, and her dreaded Argyle socks.

Tracy: Finished some fingerless gloves, has two(different) socks in the works and is working on Molly from Junior Knits.

Valerie: is almost finished with some baby booties and shared a link to a place where you can get those cool %bars for your blog--thanks for sharing!!

Wanda: finished a sweater, is working on Spork, worked on a button band, started a sweater, and is working on a sock.

Wendy: Is working on a HP scarf, a summer bag and is having some sock knitting growing pains.

Winnie: nothing new to report

Comments

Chris said…
Thanks for the fun updates, Kim!! Strangely, Chaos has not damaged any other knitted item - just his egg roll. Hard to believe, but there it is.
Bear Knits said…
Thanks for the updates! I think Norma should stay. It's for charity and she started the project with stash (just did not have enough to complete it).
Ruth said…
No doubt in my mind that Norma should stay. As Bear Knits pointed out, she started the project with yarn from the stash and simply had to order more to finish ... her stash has still shrunk. And, and, and, it's for such a good cause.

The real question here is, how on earth am I going to last for 13 more weeks?!? They're getting a new shipment of Malabrigio at my LYS tomorrow, and not being able to buy any is killing me.
Kim said…
10 more weeks(week 3 of 13)--You can do it, I have faith in all of our abilities not to be swayed by the siren call of yarn(that sounded convincing, right).
Liz said…
Knitting for others should not count. Particularly charity knitting. I think the whole point is to use up as much stash as possible and not get anything new for yourself.

As for the siren call of new yarn, if I make it, it's going to be a miracle.
Norma should stay because stash is , well, stashed. And Norma isn't stashing, she's using the yarn right away and did start with stash.
Oops, forgot ... I'm having a contest on my blog and giving away a ball of Opal to help with my stash reduction.
chris said…
So sorry to hear that the little one is still under the weather. Here's hoping that he's on the mend soon. And I have to laugh about Little Diva's scarf and her mommy's preferences. You're a good mom. ;-) Rage's sweater looks wonderful!! I can't wait to see it all seamed up. The color is gorgeous! Incredible work on all the updates...Take care, Kim!
Susan said…
I agree with the rest of the crowd. Norma stays!
Jerry & Maxy said…
Norma should stay! And I do have somethign to report - I left a comment after you visited, but alas, you must not have seen it. New update on blog - layout is a nightmare, so just see Ella, another FO. And I will post pics of Edgar too...all stashalong projects, and NO yarn buying. Yeah me!
Stitch-n-Snitch said…
Another vote for Norma staying. :) Kim, you're doing great keeping up with everyone and all of their blogs and projects. Hats off to you!
Knit Spot* said…
Another vote here for Norma staying. If there ever was a reason for an exception, it would be for charity knitting. Knitting for those less fortnuate should be encouraged.
PS - Glad you liked the %Bars!
PPS - I love these updates, I really look forward to seeing what others are up to!
Chris said…
Definitely Norma should stay. Her post about the Red Scarf Project generated an amazing number of red scarves from so many others! So it was a special circumstance, with a quick deadline. I don't think she'll milk this. :)
Laura said…
Kim, I finally took the time to read a page or two of the latest Knitty mag, and saw this book: Oddball Knitting: Creative Uses for Leftover Yarn. Sounds perfect for smaller projects for folks in your Stashalong! :-)
Wendy said…
Kim,
I'm really having fun with this stash-a-long! It's fun seeing what everyone is knitting. thanks for doing this! I think Norma should stay. I "ditto" the comments of the others who voted yes. have a good week! wendy
Anonymous said…
I vote Norma can stay too. I'd say more but all the comments left before me really sum it up.

Popular posts from this blog

Stashalong--Sign ups end Jan.1

Stashalong--Week 2 of 13

Out of Town