Howdy and Booking Through Thursday
Thanks for everyone's concern about the illness that hit the house. Both Little Diva and Little Rage succumbed to it, but they are fine now(knock on wood). DH is on vacation this week so not much knitting or blogging is getting done here--hopefully I'll have something to report at the next Stashalong update.
You Stashalongers are a talented group---I love coming to visit your blogs and seeing what you're up to!
Have a great day and stay healthy!
Booking Through Thursday
You Stashalongers are a talented group---I love coming to visit your blogs and seeing what you're up to!
Have a great day and stay healthy!
Booking Through Thursday
- What do you think of celebrities who write biographies when they're only twenty-something? I think if you have done something that is book worthy in your twenties that's great, but usually it seems to me they are trying to cash in on their fame.
- Have you read any? The only "famous" biography I have read would be Marilyn Manson's and he's not that famous; I just wanted to see if his youth contributed to how he turned out.
- What about novels by people such as politicians? Are they just cashing in on their fame? I think some politician's probably have very book worthy lives(I'm thinking of Bill Clinton specifically--if they can be honest and not try to put a party spin on what they are writing.
- Should ghost-writing be allowed or should the true writer get the credit?I think that whoever wrote the book should get the credit.
Comments
Glad everyone is better!
I think it is funny when a 20 something year old writes a biography, I have never read one, probably will never buy one but if I saw one in the bookstore I might pick it up to get some laughs.
I am sure it is a cashing in on their fame but at the same time a politicans book seems much more worth the time then Ashley Simpson's.
I do think ghost writers should get credit.
Good questions! Here is my stash update...
Amanda's Stash Update Week 3
Anyway, it said: Yesterday I had no blog update, but I am working on one about the NPJ Christmas party, which should be there by the time you do your round-up tomorrow.
Also, I am actually working on a Secret Project with some yarn from the stash, which you can feel free to mention, though I haven't been doing so in my blog. I'm making my mom a black cashmere feather and fan scarf out of that Mountain Colors cashmere, which is OMG-LIKE-BUTTAH. It's for my mom's birthday, which is in two days, and I'm about 60% done, so I guess I'd better get cracking. Good thing I have no real plans for today and tomorrow, should work out just fine.
Glad your team is feeling better.