Goals for the New Year

What do I want to accomplish knitting, stitching, writing, and life wise this year? I have been putting quite a bit of thought into this. I think it will be very amusing to look back on it come December, so here goes.

Stitching Wise:
(1) Finish Storykeeper**
(2) Finish one quarter of Arwen and Aragorn(64800 stitches)**
(3) Choose and Finish 1 Quick Stitch
**In doing the math for this I'm not even sure it is possible. On a fabulous day I am able to put in about 400 stitches; on a realistic day I'm able to put in 200. I also value my knitting time which tends to cut into stitching time, but these are goals not requirements, right?

Knitting Wise:
(1) Decrease my stash, by looking there first when I have something I want to start.
(2) Get down to no more than 2 Knitalongs at a time(do the math on what I need to finish to accomplish that and I'm still not sure how I'll classify charity knitting and stuff)
(3) Get my WIP list down to 5 or fewer things(easier said than done)
(4) Make progress on my "Double Secret Probation-a-thon"
(5) Ad lib something--not really design something, but take a pattern and alter it in some way in order to make it my own.
(6) Knit this; how cool is that hat? If I do that and the arm warmers from Anticraft, I'll be one scarey mommy when I go pick up Little Diva after school.

Writing Wise:
(1) Finish my Nano 2005 novel and let it marinate before beginning revisions.
(2) Complete Nano 2006

Life Wise:
(1) Get a job for the 2006-2007 school year.

Stashalongers: Let the games begin!! Hopefully no one has fallen off the wagon yet(I was actually thrilled when Jan. 1 was on a Sunday--no yarn shops open--of course there is still online--never mind, pretend you didn't read that). Tomorrow I will be doing a run through of the blogs for my first post on Tuesday--I'll leave a comment as I pass through. Thanks to everyone who has signed up; there are some familiar faces and some new ones(at least to me)--I look forward to getting to know all of you and I would encourage you to pop in on any blogs that are new to you.

Comments

Chris said…
Thanks for coming up with Stashalong, Kim! It's a fabulous idea. Of course, I've already been exposed today to numerous yarns I want to buy, but I will be strong... I hope.
CynCyn said…
just finished counting my stash. 344, +/- 5 skeins. EEK! That number *should* make me ok with not buying yarns for 90 days. 89 days to go, right?

great knitting goals for the year! you (and the other knitting mama's out there) put me to shame in terms of productiveness. Absolutely unbelievable.
Theresa said…
What ambitious goals! Thanks for organizing the stash-a-long - surfing the blogosphere, it seems like so many of us are trying to reduce the stash. I will admit, though, that I ordered my yarn for Crossed in Translation just before the deadline on Saturday! Looks like I'll see you at both KALs.
Andrea said…
Whew, only a dynamo like you could possibly hope to achieve so many lofty goals!! But I've seen your output, so I think you have a good shot at getting everything accomplished!!
Stitch-n-Snitch said…
I haven't even left the house since I joined the Stashalong, but I've been sorely tempted a few times. I'm trying to be strong!!! :)
amandazen said…
Hi there Kim-
Just checking in for the stash along update this week. I am still on the wagon and here is a link to my current stash along projects...

Amanda's January Stash Projects
Liz said…
I'm going to post a list of my projects tomorrow. I've got one big list and I'm only scratching the scary surface!
Chris said…
Love your avatar! We should band together and pester Yahoo! to add knitting to the hobbies portrayed...
Jerry & Maxy said…
OK, I have to cut to the chase: that HAT IS THE GREATEST HAT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!! The pirate hat. OMG! I don't think I have any yarn in my stashto make it, but lemme tell ya, the day off we have in 90 days - I'm getting yarn for that hat!

Kim, you are now, officially, one of my heroes.

I have to go lay down.I am beside myself.
EvaLux said…
Hiya :)
It is going to be hard hard hard... my favorite ebay shop has all of her Cascade 220 on sale this month... 4.85 USD per skein. I only discovered this yarn a few weeks ago. So far I haven't looked at the colors she had LOL.

As to the knitting/stitching time problem... have you thought about doing a rotation? As a stitcher I TRIED it several times, but I was no good LOL. You work 10 hours on 1 project then move on to the next. You could do the same with your knitting and stitching... knit 10 hours, stitch 10 hours. Or say certain days are knitting days or stitching days. Or even alternate stitching and knitting weeks. Of course if you'd have a knitting deadline, you'd forget about the rotation... It might work.

Cheers Eva
Montana said…
Hey Kim -

Thanks for stopping by - Check out my "real" web page

http://home.earthlink.net/~horseu/

I really need to clean up and update, but you can see our critters.

Let me know if/when you are ready to get started riding. I know some folks in Co who can give you a good start.
Ronda said…
Don't I sound like the bad child in the class? Hey, I live on the West Coast, you said we had until midnight, and I really wanted the yarn pack from Lavish Lace. It was 25% off!

And I won't be buyin' anything else.
PutYourFlareOn said…
Wow, what a fun concept! And wish I could have gotten in on this stashalong. I really need it! My stash is out of control! But maybe next time around! I'll have fun following your progress. And have found some new blogs to read! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Goals

Stashalong--Sign ups end Jan.1

Memory Lane