WIP Friday
First--thanks to everyone who commented on my iPod. Besides my engagement ring it's the coolest present dear husband has ever come up with, seriously.
A finished object:

Little Rage's Mittens
I-cord still in progress. I used Dreambaby DK and the mitten pattern from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns by Ann Budd.
I think that I am going to make Fridays a WIP day. So here's the full disclosure on what's on the needles as of right now:
(1) Debbie Bliss sweater for Little Rage--I haven't worked on it this week; but I'm getting very close to the neck decreases.
(2) Rogue Revisited--I have one sleeve done and that's it--it's been kind of back burnered until I get the kiddos sweaters done--they grow faster than I do :)
(3) Hooded T--those of you that have been around for a while know that I started this in the spring. I have everything done but the hood--so why don't I work on it? As dumb as it sounds; I don't want to work on it because it's a summer thing. Maybe in February when I'm wishing for 80 degree weather I'll bring it out.
(4) Mini-mitten project: I need to finish a pair for Little Diva.
(5) Queen of Hearts scarf for Little Diva. This one will actually get more action once I finish my mini-mitten project.
(6) Beginner's Triangle--my poor Gathering of Lacealong project; I love the way it looks but concentrating on it for extended periods of time tests my frazzled nerves. It will be done before spring! (I'll keep telling myself that)
What I need to start:
(1) Knitted Gift Bag from Handknit Holidays--I'm going to use some of the Knit Picks Palette yarn; I'm not sure which colors yet.
(2) Jaywalker socks--I already have yarn picked out; I just need to start them.
Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" was suggested by Kimberly (http://institches1.blogspot.com/ ) and is:
Do you always sign your projects? If not, why? If so, do you use your first name, initials or what?
I didn't when I started but I have for the last 6 years or so. At first it didn't even occur to me to do it, but then someone brought up the archival aspect of it--having a baseline reference for history. Now I put my initials and the year completed somewhere on the piece--any place where it would be inconspicuous.
Booking Through Thursday
A finished object:

Little Rage's Mittens
I-cord still in progress. I used Dreambaby DK and the mitten pattern from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns by Ann Budd.
I think that I am going to make Fridays a WIP day. So here's the full disclosure on what's on the needles as of right now:
(1) Debbie Bliss sweater for Little Rage--I haven't worked on it this week; but I'm getting very close to the neck decreases.
(2) Rogue Revisited--I have one sleeve done and that's it--it's been kind of back burnered until I get the kiddos sweaters done--they grow faster than I do :)
(3) Hooded T--those of you that have been around for a while know that I started this in the spring. I have everything done but the hood--so why don't I work on it? As dumb as it sounds; I don't want to work on it because it's a summer thing. Maybe in February when I'm wishing for 80 degree weather I'll bring it out.
(4) Mini-mitten project: I need to finish a pair for Little Diva.
(5) Queen of Hearts scarf for Little Diva. This one will actually get more action once I finish my mini-mitten project.
(6) Beginner's Triangle--my poor Gathering of Lacealong project; I love the way it looks but concentrating on it for extended periods of time tests my frazzled nerves. It will be done before spring! (I'll keep telling myself that)
What I need to start:
(1) Knitted Gift Bag from Handknit Holidays--I'm going to use some of the Knit Picks Palette yarn; I'm not sure which colors yet.
(2) Jaywalker socks--I already have yarn picked out; I just need to start them.
Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" was suggested by Kimberly (http://institches1.blogspot.com/ ) and is:
Do you always sign your projects? If not, why? If so, do you use your first name, initials or what?
I didn't when I started but I have for the last 6 years or so. At first it didn't even occur to me to do it, but then someone brought up the archival aspect of it--having a baseline reference for history. Now I put my initials and the year completed somewhere on the piece--any place where it would be inconspicuous.
Booking Through Thursday
This week's questions are brought to you by Nicki.
- Biographies and autobiographies—do you read them? No.
- If so, whose life story has inspired you most and why?
- If not, why not? Most just don't appeal to me; although I have wanted to read Bill Clinton's book I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Comments
At least I have a new, more fun excuse for being so out-of-touch lately -- I started doing the online dating thing, and while it is very amusing, it is also like having a part-time job! :)