Wild About Harry!

Tonight I will be standing in line(with some knitting no doubt)waiting to get into Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire at midnight. Stacey got the tickets and Cyn is coming along too. I can't wait to see Viktor Krum and the students from the other schools. Plus the dragons--I love dragons. I am so excited; I'll be feuling up on Starbucks all day in order to stay awake because. . .

I stayed up until 2am writing(yes, another late writing night); I'm getting so into my story now. Last night when I was writing I just kept thinking, I am doing it. I made this story up from nothing--blank page, idea in my head--and turned it into 31000+ words so far and I haven't even scratched the surface of everything I want to cover. Reaching 50000 will just be a milestone in getting this story done the way I want it. It is really an awesome experience; I'd recommend it to anyone who has ever wanted to write a novel.

On the stitching front--if all goes well I should finish page one of Arwen and Aragorn today--I'll post it if I do and if I can upload photos; the "internets" have not been too cooperative with that the last two days.

I'm actually starting a pair of mittens for Little rage tonight--nice, mindless waiting in line knitting that will also be useful in the very near future.

Is it just me or is there anyone else completely caught off guard by the fact that next week is Thanksgiving and that it is also ONE month before Christmas?!?!? Have I done any shopping yet----nope. Does Little Diva even have a clue as to what she wants---nope. Do you think I'll actually have a chance of finding it if she doesn't figure it out soon---I'm guessing--nope. Little Rage is still at the "Wow is this for me stage" so he'll like anything he gets.

Happy knitting, writing, and stitching,
aloha ;)



Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" was suggested by Kimberly (http://institches1.blogspot.com/ ) and Lili (http://anothercrossstitchaddict.blogspot.com/ ) and is:

How do you feel about staying totally true to a pattern?


I'm not really for it or against it. I have seen people who have done some truly stunning modifications to patterns by changing layout and colors. I personally try very hard to stick with the pattern, for the most part. I envy those with the pioneering spirit and gift of being able to make amazing changes.

Do you feel that you have to rip out stitches to fix a mistake or do you feel it's acceptable to incorporate a mistake into the design?

I think it depends on the mistake. If it's one of those glaring "OMG look at that" mistakes then I'd probably frog it back, but if it's stitching very light gray instead of very very light gray then I probably would leave it(I'm actually speaking from experience on that one). My rule of thumb is: if as the stitcher you keep looking at it and it's driving you nuts then frog it and fix it; if you can live with two virtually identical colors being mixed up then leave it.

Comments

Stephanie said…
I'm glad your story is going well - excerpt, excerpt!! I'm in a love hate relationship with mine right now. Love it while I'm writing - hate it when I read it afterwards. Too much of a perfectionist I think... :(
WandaWoman said…
Congrats on making such great progress on the novel. That's really awesome.

Have fun watching HP. I so couldn't make it to a midnight show. Or I could, but I'd just be asleep!
Laura said…
It sounds like you're doing really well with that novel of yours, Kim. Awesome! Go! Go! Go! :-)

So, no spoilers, please, but how was the new H.P. movie? You like it? I haven't been to a midnight opening since Return of the King hit the big screen. Totally fun.

I'm amazed that Thanksgiving is just a few days away. Eek!
Stitch-n-Snitch said…
I got home at 3:30 a.m. and was zonked all weekend long from the midnight show. It was SO worth it, though!
Andrea said…
I'm so impressed by your progress with the novel! I always want to write, but it's so hard to find the time to just do it. Or to make the time, I should say, beacuse that's what it's all about. I mean, I get some outlet in my blog, if I ever bother to update it, and I have a private journal that I write in a lot, but it's not really comparable to the dedicated application to one thing. Maybe that can be my resolution for 2006, to actually do some "real" writing.

Popular posts from this blog

Stashalong--Sign ups end Jan.1

Stashalong--Week 2 of 13

Out of Town