There is nothing more calming to me than the repetitiveness of stitching or knitting. Basking in the warm sun is calming to me as well. Today I got to enjoy it all :)
Sign ups have ended. EDIT: Sign ups end January 1 at 5pm Mountain time. Anyone interested in using some of your stash in order to make room for some new spring stuff? Join me in a very informal knitalong. Here are the rules: (1) Must start and try to finish something from your stash yarn(I say "try" to finish because if you pick something huge like an afghan or sweater finishing in three months may not be realistic). (2) You have 3 months and during that time you cannot add to your stash in any way(things ordered before January 1 but not yet delivered do not count--hence the early warning--get it out of your systems, ladies). Of course realistically there is no way to police this, so the honor system is in place. (3) I am beginning on January 1, 2006 and ending March 31, 2006(if there is interest, I'd be glad to start another one after that). (4) Keep me posted on your progress and I will post it once a week--probably Mondays or Tuesdays. I've never attempted to s...
How did everyone fair after week 1? My utmost respect goes out to all of you with the fortitude to actually enter a yarn shop and not buy yarn--as I have commented to others, you won't even see me near one in the next 3 months. I'm having so much fun popping in on everyone and I'm not pointing any fingers but I have read some interesting comments and some knitters can be very sneaky indeed--that's all I'll say. I want to introduce you to jillz ; she missed the sign ups so she is not a official member, BUT she has earned the title of "the Rogue Stashalonger". She is trying to take things one month at time. I know we all have our temptations, but she---wait for it---works in a yarn shop! As I told her, I would have cheated before I finished typing if I was working in a yarn shop(much like "The Bet" episode of Seinfeld). Little Rage's Sweater Kim : This week I have actually finished the sleeves for Little Rage's sweater and I have the...
Stashalongers : there will not be a post this Tuesday and you have my deepest apologies for that. My Grandfather passed away this morning and I need to get to NY. Everything should be back to normal for our Week 13 of 13 post on the 28th :) I know a few of you have jumped off the wagon and I'll have all that in my post next time. Thanks again for all your prayers and well wishes--he passed peacefully in his sleep and I think that's the best way to go. If there is a lighter side to this, my husband will be alone with my kiddos for more than 12 hours for the first time. You have no idea how badly I want to hide cameras around the house to see what goes on. Happy knitting everyone--no jumping off the wagon while I'm gone! Stacey and Cynthia --my gushing post about your very generous and much appreciated gifts will be up before I go--hopefully! If not then it will be up as soon as I get back :)
Comments