HAEDless Sampler SAL(3/12)--The Last Rites Edition
I had a fantastic stitching weekend. I completed the entire right border--top to bottom. I was a bit concerned at first when I noticed that I only had about 2 inches fabric allowance on the left side of the fabric. I called the framer I use and they said they could work with 2 inches so I soldiered on. When I reached the bottom, I found out that I barely had any fabric left(about 1.5 inches).
This.is.very.very.bad.news.
Long painful story short, I have to rip out EVERYTHING I have completed so far. That means over a skein of Caron Wildflowers is wasted; hopefully I can salvage the fabric. I honestly do not think I have the fortitude to restart this particular piece right now; I may change my mind by next month I do not know.
This really, really, really, really sucks. I started the piece just after Rage was born and clearly I was in a sleep deprived stupor and started off about 1.5 inches--which unfortunately I did not figure out until I picked the piece back up this year.
So bow your heads and join me in a moment of silence and last rites for my Provence Sampler--may she rest in piece.

(it's a clickable thumbnail)
**Update: Louanne and JM have talked me down from ripping it out just yet--it may be salvageable but I'm not entirely sure I can live with stitching on something so messed up.
I guess this was bound to happen at some point. I have been stitching for 27 years and this is the first time I have made such a major miscalculation.
This.is.very.very.bad.news.
Long painful story short, I have to rip out EVERYTHING I have completed so far. That means over a skein of Caron Wildflowers is wasted; hopefully I can salvage the fabric. I honestly do not think I have the fortitude to restart this particular piece right now; I may change my mind by next month I do not know.
This really, really, really, really sucks. I started the piece just after Rage was born and clearly I was in a sleep deprived stupor and started off about 1.5 inches--which unfortunately I did not figure out until I picked the piece back up this year.
So bow your heads and join me in a moment of silence and last rites for my Provence Sampler--may she rest in piece.
(it's a clickable thumbnail)
**Update: Louanne and JM have talked me down from ripping it out just yet--it may be salvageable but I'm not entirely sure I can live with stitching on something so messed up.
I guess this was bound to happen at some point. I have been stitching for 27 years and this is the first time I have made such a major miscalculation.
Comments
p.s. Happy Blogiversary too!