The Road to Hell is paved with--
--new starts.
Now don't get me wrong. I love a new start as much as the next person. Whether it be cross stitch or knitting, there is something about the blank canvas. Casting on, starting to stitch. . .there is always a thrill there. It's a siren song that few, if any, of us are immune to.
This month I wanted to work "red" and make a dent in my already overflowing WIP pile(knitting and stitching). But the other night, before I even knew what was going on, I had cast on the Bird in Hand mittens. Here's the progress so far:

I'm going to do the other one in the opposite colors--just to spice things up a bit. Not that stranded knitting of any type needs a lot of spicing up.
This weekend will be a stitching weekend--after knitting tonight, of course. Then I will make every effort to get back to my red stitching, maybe--once I do a few more rows on that mitten ;)
Now don't get me wrong. I love a new start as much as the next person. Whether it be cross stitch or knitting, there is something about the blank canvas. Casting on, starting to stitch. . .there is always a thrill there. It's a siren song that few, if any, of us are immune to.
This month I wanted to work "red" and make a dent in my already overflowing WIP pile(knitting and stitching). But the other night, before I even knew what was going on, I had cast on the Bird in Hand mittens. Here's the progress so far:

I'm going to do the other one in the opposite colors--just to spice things up a bit. Not that stranded knitting of any type needs a lot of spicing up.
This weekend will be a stitching weekend--after knitting tonight, of course. Then I will make every effort to get back to my red stitching, maybe--once I do a few more rows on that mitten ;)
Comments