Sighs and Shakes Head
Please tell me that none of you are a part of the one in four.
So I have my own theories as to why people aren't reading--if you are actually one of the people who read less than 7 books last year, please enlighten me as to why?
So I have my own theories as to why people aren't reading--if you are actually one of the people who read less than 7 books last year, please enlighten me as to why?
Comments
I will be eternally grateful to my mother for getting us excited about reading as kids. It's such a great past time - it fights with knitting time, actually.
And someone should tell that manager guy that you can read while floating in the pool...
best wishes from Iceland
Frida
I can't imagine not reading. How boring life would be without books!
I can spend hours in a bookshop!!
I love reading, and always loved the book fairs in grade school...I'd go home with a box of books every year.
I'm so glad there are audiobooks, too. With my 2 hours (yuck!) of driving to/from work each day, I can get a lot of books finished :)
Part of it is time for me. My job takes up a lot, and when I have downtime, I'd rather do something completely mindless. Or knit.
My dad is one now too. He used to be a big reader, but 8yrs ago he had brain surgery and now he has trouble with his short term memory, so reading just isn't enjoyable for him anymore.
Hubby, daughter and I are readers, but the boy (not reading yet, he's 5) has some developmental issues, so who knows what kind of reader (or not) he will be.