Sherrilyn Kenyon

One of my favorite authors, Sherrilyn Kenyon(who also writes as Kinley MacGregor), was in Denver on Sunday for a book signing to go along with her new book, Devil May Cry which is one of the Dark Hunter books. I believe I've gushed before about how much I love her storylines(especially the one that is beneath the main romance one), but I'm loving her even more since I met her. She's very funny and very outgoing which is something I haven't really seen with authors I've met before. She did a brief question/answer session and then got to the business of signing. While everyone was waiting she had a friend raffling away promotional items for the book. I hung around for a while after my book was signed to see if my number was called. I was hoping to win a t-shirt or a lanyard but all I won was a promotional post card thing(shrugs).

Any book signings I go to I only have the author sign the current book(it helps me put a time frame on when I met them), but there were people there with entire bags of books. I cannot imagine signing buckets of books. I think the only author I would take a ton of books to signing for would be JKR. One great thing about any book signing is meeting a bunch of people who love the books as much as you do(or even more). I was amazed at how many people where there and how many of us had many more authors we had in common in addition to Sherrilyn.

There is nothing I love more than spending the day in a book store without the kiddos and with my knitting--ah, heaven :)

Comments

Chris said…
I know what you mean - I can't imagine bringing stacks of old books for an author to sign...
michaele said…
Sounds like a fun time. I've never had a book signed. I guess it's partly cause a lot of the authors I like are long gone! ;)
WandaWoman said…
It's funny, b/c I was looking through my book case yesterday (adding books to Shelfari) and I found a bunch of books by an author that I was so excited to meet at a mystery book convention, that I brought in tons of books to have them signed. Now, not so much would I do that, but I was so excited then that I did that and now I have a bunch of paperbacks that I'm thinking how many of these did I really need to have signed? ::sigh:: the things you learn.

I'm glad you had a great experience meeting an author you love to read. It's great when they are gregarious and outgoing. It makes me less shy about speaking to them.

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Goals

Stashalong--Sign ups end Jan.1

Memory Lane