This and That
This is just a potpourri of junk swirling through my head--not really knitting and stitching oriented(just so you know). It helps me to clear my head if I put it in writing somewhere--weird, but it's always been the case.
My avatar will be returning from her beach vacation shortly as she has succeeded in her mission. Ronan has, in fact, made himself a player in my Nano '05 piece--I think he's a good guy(mostly) but he could go either way. Now I just need to keep the momentum going.
I am in the middle of a knitting and stitching mini-slump. I just feel really "blah" lately. I need at least 6 more hours in the day (and a vacation to a tropical beach--no, I'm not letting that one go) and some new super form of caffeine.
I am in the process of putting the finishing touches on my resume and next month I will begin filling out online applications for teaching jobs. Hopefully in May and June I will be interviewing and getting hired somewhere. I really miss teaching but I don't miss the process of getting a job. Plus after 6 years at home I sort of second guess myself and my abilities--even though I have kept up with my field through journals and writing practice lessons/units.
I really should try and get a job in the district Little Diva attends(even though their pay stinks and is in no way compatible with the cost of living), because her teacher is absent at least once a week. All I can figure is that they must have a very liberal absentee policy for teachers--she even took a few days off to go on vacation. I'm not sure how much things have changed since I taught in that respect, but I always felt that as a teacher you have enough built in time off and aside from illness(of yourself or a child) and the occasional mental health day(once a semester) you really shouldn't be blowing off work. Plus if I had ever exceeded my built in leave time my pay was docked for each day absent not to mention how bad it looks to administration if you are never there.
Guess what I did yesterday? Did I buy yarn? Nope. I spent my Valentine's Day having my annual exam. Woohoo--good times, good times. I don't know what I was thinking when I scheduled that one. And even more exciting is that apparently I have high blood pressure or at least I did yesterday SO I get to go to another doctor on Friday. I am kind of freaked out about that, especially since they made it sound like I would drop dead if I didn't see a doctor this week. Do you think that stress and a boatload of caffeine yesterday morning could have contributed to the high reading yesterday? I'm hoping so because I feel fine.
My avatar will be returning from her beach vacation shortly as she has succeeded in her mission. Ronan has, in fact, made himself a player in my Nano '05 piece--I think he's a good guy(mostly) but he could go either way. Now I just need to keep the momentum going.
I am in the middle of a knitting and stitching mini-slump. I just feel really "blah" lately. I need at least 6 more hours in the day (and a vacation to a tropical beach--no, I'm not letting that one go) and some new super form of caffeine.
I am in the process of putting the finishing touches on my resume and next month I will begin filling out online applications for teaching jobs. Hopefully in May and June I will be interviewing and getting hired somewhere. I really miss teaching but I don't miss the process of getting a job. Plus after 6 years at home I sort of second guess myself and my abilities--even though I have kept up with my field through journals and writing practice lessons/units.
I really should try and get a job in the district Little Diva attends(even though their pay stinks and is in no way compatible with the cost of living), because her teacher is absent at least once a week. All I can figure is that they must have a very liberal absentee policy for teachers--she even took a few days off to go on vacation. I'm not sure how much things have changed since I taught in that respect, but I always felt that as a teacher you have enough built in time off and aside from illness(of yourself or a child) and the occasional mental health day(once a semester) you really shouldn't be blowing off work. Plus if I had ever exceeded my built in leave time my pay was docked for each day absent not to mention how bad it looks to administration if you are never there.
Guess what I did yesterday? Did I buy yarn? Nope. I spent my Valentine's Day having my annual exam. Woohoo--good times, good times. I don't know what I was thinking when I scheduled that one. And even more exciting is that apparently I have high blood pressure or at least I did yesterday SO I get to go to another doctor on Friday. I am kind of freaked out about that, especially since they made it sound like I would drop dead if I didn't see a doctor this week. Do you think that stress and a boatload of caffeine yesterday morning could have contributed to the high reading yesterday? I'm hoping so because I feel fine.
Comments
Good luck!
Good luck with the job hunt too!