Booking Through Thursday
Today's SBQ was suggested by Nancy
(http://crossesnkisses.blogspot.com/) and is:
Describe your "perfect" project. (Include the designer or specific
pattern, the fabric, the floss, and anything else that would make that
project "perfect" for you.)
Honestly, I don't think I have a "perfect" project. I think that what I am working on right now could be in contention for a perfect project(HAED Arwen and Aragorn and Storykeeper). I really love HAED designs--if you can't find a perfect project there I don't think you'll find one, except maybe a Chatelaine design. I like projects that are challenging(lots of detail) but not frustrating/infuriating(lots of blended colors, backstitching, and confetti). In a perfect world I'd like them to stitch up quickly, but usually the more I like it the longer it's going to take to stitch. You know what would make a project perfect for me--fabric cut to size and then serged around the outside to prevent fraying. I don't have a sewing machine so this is always a problem for me. I use fray check but that doesn't usually hold up over the long haul.
- How many books do you usually take with you on vacation? Too many? Too few? Do you still have room to pack clothes? Usually one and I usually don't have room to pack clothes but that is because my suitcase is usually full of knitting and stitching stuff.
- What kind of books do you read on vacation? Whatever I happen to be reading at the time.
- Do you read the same kind of books when you're on vacation as when you're at home? I read much more when I'm at home. When I am on vacation I usually don't get to read at all because I'm too busy "vacationing". With two little kids you can't really get absorbed in a book while you are on the beach and if we are at Grandma's it's more fun to visit than ignore everyone and read.
Today's SBQ was suggested by Nancy
(http://crossesnkisses.blogspot.com/) and is:
Describe your "perfect" project. (Include the designer or specific
pattern, the fabric, the floss, and anything else that would make that
project "perfect" for you.)
Honestly, I don't think I have a "perfect" project. I think that what I am working on right now could be in contention for a perfect project(HAED Arwen and Aragorn and Storykeeper). I really love HAED designs--if you can't find a perfect project there I don't think you'll find one, except maybe a Chatelaine design. I like projects that are challenging(lots of detail) but not frustrating/infuriating(lots of blended colors, backstitching, and confetti). In a perfect world I'd like them to stitch up quickly, but usually the more I like it the longer it's going to take to stitch. You know what would make a project perfect for me--fabric cut to size and then serged around the outside to prevent fraying. I don't have a sewing machine so this is always a problem for me. I use fray check but that doesn't usually hold up over the long haul.
Comments