Booking Through Thursday
I keep forgetting to post for Booking Through Thursday, but I saw today's topic and I couldn't resist:)
Booking Through Thursday
Booking Through Thursday
- Speaking of writing in books, what about writing the entire thing? Do you write? Aspire to write? Dream about writing? I do write. I've kept a journal since I was about 15. I call it my "rage journal" as it contains a lot of venting. Rather than tell someone off to their face I put it in my journal. During my college years, that same journal also started to contain some short stories. From about 2000-2004 I did no writing because I was too busy and sleep deprived from the young children thing. In 2005 I successfully completed my first Nanowrimo and in 2006 I did the same. I aspire to be a good writer and I figure the only way to do that is to write and write. Right now I have three original stories and one fanfic going. My 2005 Nano piece which is at about 64000 words right now is only about a quarter of the way through the outline, so I think that story has a lot of potential. My 2006 Nano piece is about 2 chapters away from being completed but I'm not sure how much I love the story. I just had an idea last week that I've written an outline and character description for. Now I'm just doing some research to make the main character's job seem believable. I think this one has a lot of potential.
- If you do write, do you do it for yourself, or because you hope to be published? (Or because you ARE published?) I write for myself; although if I ever finished something I was REALLY happy with I'd think about submitting it for publication. I've thought about trying to do some short stories for publication and I have always wanted to do a "teacher as researcher" type of thing.
Comments
Happy Booking Through Thursday! Hope you have good day