You Can't Knit All the Time
What?!?! Did I just say that? Well, unfortunately life intrudes on your knitting time. Last night I allowed myself a pleasant intrusion. I loaded up the kids, snacks, the portable DVD player and headed to Salt Lake for a book signing.
Last year in Knitter's magazine, I saw an ad for a book called The Shop on Blossom Street. It was knitting fiction; so of course, I had to check it out. The author of that book was Debbie Macomber and she was in town last night signing copies of not only that book, but also her new one called A Good Yarn. If you're looking for some light summer reading, then I would definitely check these out--I mean if you can't knit all the time; you can at least read about people who are. And as an added bonus each book comes with a knitting pattern--in A Good Yarn there is a sock pattern by Nancy Bush. Debbie was really sweet and she gave everyone a small gift for coming out--you had a choice of coffee, tea, or a notions bag. I, of course, took the bag as I am always in need for more storage space for my growing gadget collection!!
The only thing I could kick myself for is not bringing my camera---I should have known, especially since I have been reading blogs for over two years, but the newbie blogger in me(and also I suspect the harried mother) did not think to bring it.
While you're out surfing the net today, check out this new knitting mag. Great stuff from our friends from down under--it's their first issue!!! Enjoy.
Have a great day!
Happy knitting and aloha :)
Last year in Knitter's magazine, I saw an ad for a book called The Shop on Blossom Street. It was knitting fiction; so of course, I had to check it out. The author of that book was Debbie Macomber and she was in town last night signing copies of not only that book, but also her new one called A Good Yarn. If you're looking for some light summer reading, then I would definitely check these out--I mean if you can't knit all the time; you can at least read about people who are. And as an added bonus each book comes with a knitting pattern--in A Good Yarn there is a sock pattern by Nancy Bush. Debbie was really sweet and she gave everyone a small gift for coming out--you had a choice of coffee, tea, or a notions bag. I, of course, took the bag as I am always in need for more storage space for my growing gadget collection!!
The only thing I could kick myself for is not bringing my camera---I should have known, especially since I have been reading blogs for over two years, but the newbie blogger in me(and also I suspect the harried mother) did not think to bring it.
While you're out surfing the net today, check out this new knitting mag. Great stuff from our friends from down under--it's their first issue!!! Enjoy.
Have a great day!
Happy knitting and aloha :)
Comments
What?! Are you sure?! :) I think it's totally possible.