Do I need something else to knit/read?

As I was checking my bloglines stuff this evening, I found a link to a great knit/readalong--Knit the Classics. I think it is an absolutely fabulous idea!

Then why am I not joining at this time, you may ask. Well, I'll tell you--right now I have a ton of things on needles(socks, blanket, scarf, shawl, sweater) and even more on deck. And as for reading I'm already backed up--I have 4 books I need to read(Seize the Night, Stroke of Midnight, Knitting: A Novel, and Lord of the Rings) and 2 more coming out this summer(HP and the Half Blood Prince and Eldest). To top all that off--my interest in actually completing some of my cross stitch projects has been rekindled as of late(more on the long standing cross stitch addiction in a later post). Plus, I have 2 kiddos who require most of my daytime attention, a trip to NY, and a move to another state coming up in the next month.

My plate seems a little full to me--that being said I will probably still go out and buy the first book and possibly start a project related to it :) Oh the feeble will of a reader/knitter(2 of my very favorite things)!!!

Happy knitting,
Aloha :)

Comments

Andrea said…
Wish I could manage to read and knit at the same time! Lately I don't manage to do too much of either! :)
Chef Messy said…
I can't read and knit at the same time either! Oh well, Miriam tells me it will come eventually. Knit the Classics sounds like fun though!
Kim said…
3 words, you guys--Books on Tape :) I have to admit that my reading time has actually gone down quite a bit since I started knitting--God strike me down for saying this, but maybe, just maybe I could cut my knitting time down to read more :)

Popular posts from this blog

Stashalong--Sign ups end Jan.1

Stashalong--Week 2 of 13

Out of Town