Sign ups have ended.
EDIT: Sign ups end January 1 at 5pm Mountain time.
Anyone interested in using some of your stash in order to make room for some new spring stuff? Join me in a very informal knitalong. Here are the rules:
(1) Must start and try to finish something from your stash yarn(I say "try" to finish because if you pick something huge like an afghan or sweater finishing in three months may not be realistic).
(2) You have 3 months and during that time you cannot add to your stash in any way(things ordered before January 1 but not yet delivered do not count--hence the early warning--get it out of your systems, ladies). Of course realistically there is no way to police this, so the honor system is in place.
(3) I am beginning on January 1, 2006 and ending March 31, 2006(if there is interest, I'd be glad to start another one after that).
(4) Keep me posted on your progress and I will post it once a week--probably Mondays or Tuesdays.
I've never attempted to start a knitalong before but if you're interested leave me a comment and I'd be glad to add you to the list.
Some clarification is in order:
(1) If you are buying yarn in order to finish a charitable project(to be completed within the Stashalong time frame), it's okay.
(2) If you have to get a ball of yarn to finish a project already on the needles because you ran out of said yarn and you intend to finish said project by the end of Stashalong, that's okay.
(3) If you have to buy yarn for a Secret Pal or gift(for someone else), that's okay.
(4) If you receive yarn as a gift(from a Secret Pal or other), it's okay.
(5) If you are buying yarn for yourself and it doesn't qualify in any of the above, it's NOT okay.
Laura graciously made us two buttons--therefore even though she is not participating in the Stashalong, she is still an honorary member--thank you, thank you, thank you. And miracle of all miracles I actually got the .gif images to post without major problems--this is a HUGE milestone for me--hee hee :)
Deena also gave us a great button to use--thanks so much!!!!
**if you would like the button, please save it to your own server first. If you don't like it feel free to make your own as I have very remedial talent with it :)**