Turbo Fire--5 Day Inferno Plan
On Sunday, August 15, I started the 5 Day Inferno plan that was included in my Turbo Fire package. Basically it is supposed to clean up your eating and help you drop a few pounds.
Instead of using each day's food plan, I went through and chose 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner, and 2 snacks. I just shopped for those things. So I have been eating the same thing every day but, in all honesty, I usually eat close to the same thing everyday anyhow. I also noticed that the days calories in this 5 Day plan actually matches up to the minimum I am supposed to be eating on Weight Watchers(I never eat just the minimum but I am this week).
I did the workouts as scheduled with two changes, I subbed Fire 60 for Fire 55ez on Day 1 and Day 5.
I did it mostly to try and get my eating cleaned up a little more but I was hoping for around a 5 pound loss. The hardest part, by far, was that I was only allowed water or plain coffee or tea. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE diet Pepsi and I did not have one drop for the last 5 days. The second hardest part was no sweets--I do miss those but maybe after this it will be easier for me to limit those? We shall see.
What I liked:
1. It is only 5 days.
2. After the first couple of days of initial hunger, I got used to the daily portions and really enjoyed the meals I chose, they were filling and tasted good(especially the loaded baked potato I got to have for lunch--yum!).
3. I liked my variation of choosing one item from each meal in the booklet. I typed them up and printed it, so that I could create a grocery list and then I posted it in my kitchen so I could see at a glance what I should be including in each meal.
4. Time will tell but I think that I made some positive changes eating wise. I really liked that it helped me understand how to do the 5 smaller meals per day instead of 3 big ones. It lays out the servings so you can really see what you should be eating every 2-3 hours.
5. I think this 5 Day program lives up to its billing as being able to get your ready for something in 5 days.
What I disliked:
1. Having to do Fire 55ez for three days--that's why I subbed in Fire 60 for two days. I am not a fan of the music in Fire 55ez--it's okay but there are other DVDs with better. Way too much "Push It" in that one.
2. I don't know what this says about me but I was dreaming about diet Pepsi and desserts; these were so vivid that I would wake up and get upset with myself for not sticking with the program. So sad.
3. I am not sure how permanent the weight loss I acheived will be. It seems to me that dropping that much weight in such a short period of time is not really sustainable even though it is technically in the minimum range of what my WW points are daily.
The end result:
Pounds lost in 5 days: 5 pounds!! I met my goal :)
Inches lost in my waist(the only measurement I take): 1 inch
I am taking the weekend off to recover a bit and get ready to start Chalean Extreme on Monday. Maybe I can fit in some knitting and stitching this weekend--after I clean my house, it's a disaster in here.
Instead of using each day's food plan, I went through and chose 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner, and 2 snacks. I just shopped for those things. So I have been eating the same thing every day but, in all honesty, I usually eat close to the same thing everyday anyhow. I also noticed that the days calories in this 5 Day plan actually matches up to the minimum I am supposed to be eating on Weight Watchers(I never eat just the minimum but I am this week).
I did the workouts as scheduled with two changes, I subbed Fire 60 for Fire 55ez on Day 1 and Day 5.
I did it mostly to try and get my eating cleaned up a little more but I was hoping for around a 5 pound loss. The hardest part, by far, was that I was only allowed water or plain coffee or tea. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE diet Pepsi and I did not have one drop for the last 5 days. The second hardest part was no sweets--I do miss those but maybe after this it will be easier for me to limit those? We shall see.
What I liked:
1. It is only 5 days.
2. After the first couple of days of initial hunger, I got used to the daily portions and really enjoyed the meals I chose, they were filling and tasted good(especially the loaded baked potato I got to have for lunch--yum!).
3. I liked my variation of choosing one item from each meal in the booklet. I typed them up and printed it, so that I could create a grocery list and then I posted it in my kitchen so I could see at a glance what I should be including in each meal.
4. Time will tell but I think that I made some positive changes eating wise. I really liked that it helped me understand how to do the 5 smaller meals per day instead of 3 big ones. It lays out the servings so you can really see what you should be eating every 2-3 hours.
5. I think this 5 Day program lives up to its billing as being able to get your ready for something in 5 days.
What I disliked:
1. Having to do Fire 55ez for three days--that's why I subbed in Fire 60 for two days. I am not a fan of the music in Fire 55ez--it's okay but there are other DVDs with better. Way too much "Push It" in that one.
2. I don't know what this says about me but I was dreaming about diet Pepsi and desserts; these were so vivid that I would wake up and get upset with myself for not sticking with the program. So sad.
3. I am not sure how permanent the weight loss I acheived will be. It seems to me that dropping that much weight in such a short period of time is not really sustainable even though it is technically in the minimum range of what my WW points are daily.
The end result:
Pounds lost in 5 days: 5 pounds!! I met my goal :)
Inches lost in my waist(the only measurement I take): 1 inch
I am taking the weekend off to recover a bit and get ready to start Chalean Extreme on Monday. Maybe I can fit in some knitting and stitching this weekend--after I clean my house, it's a disaster in here.
Comments