Favorite Books

I was fishing around one of my bookshelves the other day and found this: So Many Books So Little Time A Year of Passionate Reading by Sara Nelson.

This book does what I think any book should do, it made me love reading even more than I already do. One of the things I tried to impart to my students when I was teaching was a love of reading. And I tried to make them reflect on what they had read in one or more of the following ways:
**how does the book relate to something in your life?
**how does the book relate to something in the world?
**how does the book relate to another book you have read?

I remember vividly when I bought this book. I was up to my armpits in toddler/baby stuff including parenting magazines. An excerpt from this book was in one of the magazines I would sit and read at night after the kiddos went to sleep. I loved her style and I just had to read the book, so off I went to Barnes and Noble dot com and ordered it. It did not disappoint and to this day it is one of my favorite nonfiction books.

Comments

Chris said…
That's on my list of "to reads," as is Schwartz's "Ruined by Reading" (which I actually own).
Carrie K said…
I haven't read the book although I did have the bumper sticker.

The Barn Raising looks good!
CynCyn said…
Never heard of it... I thought you were gonna talk about Richard. I consider series "one book" b/c it's really just... installments of one big story.

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Goals

Stashalong--Sign ups end Jan.1

Memory Lane