Sock Knitting is Riddled with Danger People!

I decided I was going to make a pair of socks for Diva(Rage and DH have requested a pair too) and she picked this lovely fluorescent Opal colorway. It's innocuous enough, right?
Last night I sit down with Rage and Diva to watch Indiana Jones and start knitting away. Everything is going well until I drop one of my dpns and it goes into the recliner. It's happened before so I wasn't too stressed about it. I toss my knitting on the floor before climbing down myself to look under the chair. I can't see it right away but I hear it ping down to the floor. I reach around the chair for the lever to raise it so I can see under it and as I apply pressure to the lever I feel a sharp jab in my left knee.
Do you want to take a guess as to what it was?
It was one of the needles attached to sock that I threw on the floor. Apparently I was so focused on readjusting the chair that I didn't notice my knee coming down on the knitting. SO one of the dpns went INTO my leg--as in, about an inch and a half into my leg above my knee. Here's the thing. It didn't really hurt but it was surreal staring at a needle, attached to sock, embedded in my leg. I pulled it out which was kind of an out of body experience--cool but gross at the same time--put some neosporin and a band aid on it and went back to knitting.
Never fear. I went to the doctor this morning and got a tetanus shot just in case.
So moral of the story: WATCH WHERE YOU LEAVE YOUR NEEDLES!
Comments
But just think, now you can join me and Mary Lou at Yarnerinas in The Painful Knitting Club. What consolation.
Get well soon!