Knitting Progress
Miss Cynthia asked what I accomplished on the flight to and from Honolulu.
Well let me enlighten you all. When flying for over 7 hours with two young children, personal time for things like knitting, reading, zoning out, etc. are at a premium(ie. one or both of them needs to fall asleep and not on me). Mostly I colored, played cards, played various games bought specifically for the flight. I also adjusted headphones, took people to the potty, got snacks, explained about 1,000 times why the DVD player crapped out after two hours(they really need to make a DVD player with a battery that lasts for 8-12 hours just for this specific situation), and stuff like that. Luckily Rage passed out after a near meltdown after the DVD player died and I did find about an hour or so to knit. I alternated between my Jaywalker sock and my Trekking is for Necking scarf. This is actually the ONLY knitting I got done on my trip but I'm more than okay with that.


On the flight back I got zero knitting done because our flight left at 11:15pm, Diva and Rage were sleeping/Rage was sleeping on me, and I was in and out of sleep. I did read for a bit.
I'm looking forward to putting a little time into both projects this weekend in between stitching on my Provence Sampler.
Well let me enlighten you all. When flying for over 7 hours with two young children, personal time for things like knitting, reading, zoning out, etc. are at a premium(ie. one or both of them needs to fall asleep and not on me). Mostly I colored, played cards, played various games bought specifically for the flight. I also adjusted headphones, took people to the potty, got snacks, explained about 1,000 times why the DVD player crapped out after two hours(they really need to make a DVD player with a battery that lasts for 8-12 hours just for this specific situation), and stuff like that. Luckily Rage passed out after a near meltdown after the DVD player died and I did find about an hour or so to knit. I alternated between my Jaywalker sock and my Trekking is for Necking scarf. This is actually the ONLY knitting I got done on my trip but I'm more than okay with that.


On the flight back I got zero knitting done because our flight left at 11:15pm, Diva and Rage were sleeping/Rage was sleeping on me, and I was in and out of sleep. I did read for a bit.
I'm looking forward to putting a little time into both projects this weekend in between stitching on my Provence Sampler.
Comments
best wishes from Iceland
Frida