Mountains Out of Molehills

I'm teaching my neighbor(who's 10) how to knit and we decided to start with a dishcloth/washcloth. I gave her her first knitting bag, notions, yarn, and needles. And she picked this pattern. I don't think it's a beginner pattern at all--I mean, who would want to start knitting with a TON of seed stitch?--BUT it's what she wanted to do. She's still plugging away on the first 10 rows, but I finished my example for her.

Little Diva has claimed this as her own(and it is a very Diva colorway).

Comments

Mary-Kay said…
Ooo pretty! What yarn is that. Can you come on Friday night?
Stacey said…
Oooohhh, I like it too! That Little Diva has stunning taste in yarn! :)
Laura said…
She's adventurous, that's for sure! I hope she makes it through all that seed stitch. That's a lot for a brand new knitter. I hope she makes it. That'd be totally cool.
WandaWoman said…
That's a beautiful cloth. Seed stitch, ah to be young and adventurous and too naive a/b knitting to realize you may one day hate seed stitch! Hah, I don't hate it, but I definitely don't love it either.
TheBlackSheep said…
YAY for new craftiers! Let us know how hers goes. (it may be the last thing she ever does in seed stitch...)

Popular posts from this blog

Stashalong--Sign ups end Jan.1

Stashalong--Week 2 of 13

Out of Town