WIP Wipeout/Magic Witch Updates 2
Not a lot of knitting going on here although when I was outside with the kiddos on Easter I turned the heel on my lacy socks(or as I call them, the funeral socks). I'm trying a short row heel--it looks okay, we'll see how it fits. I have a question for all of my knitting crew, why am I having so many problems with my straight versus circular knitting? I don't know if you can tell by the picture but the heel looks larger than the rest of the sock, gauge wise. I know that I tend to purl looser than I knit and I think that's the root of the problem. Anyone else have it? If so, what do you do to fix it?

Lacy Funeral Sock
Magic Witch is 20% done--sounds great unfortunately I'm behind on my goals for the month. By next Thursday I need to be at 10800 in order to meet my minimum goal--so that would require 550 stitches per day and as I am heading back into the dreaded "book" zone I just don't see that happening, I suppose I could cheat and start working somewhere else in order to catch up--hmmmmm ;) Despite the crazy schedule I'm trying to tie myself to with this, I am really enjoying stitching it. I think it is fascinating how many colors are used to get the depth in the piece--I spend my evenings stitching with my face pressed up to the fabric so it just looks like a jumble of colors to me--BUT when I come back in the morning the design really pops, that's what makes it fun for me :)

Magic Witch(6400 stitches)

Lacy Funeral Sock
Magic Witch is 20% done--sounds great unfortunately I'm behind on my goals for the month. By next Thursday I need to be at 10800 in order to meet my minimum goal--so that would require 550 stitches per day and as I am heading back into the dreaded "book" zone I just don't see that happening, I suppose I could cheat and start working somewhere else in order to catch up--hmmmmm ;) Despite the crazy schedule I'm trying to tie myself to with this, I am really enjoying stitching it. I think it is fascinating how many colors are used to get the depth in the piece--I spend my evenings stitching with my face pressed up to the fabric so it just looks like a jumble of colors to me--BUT when I come back in the morning the design really pops, that's what makes it fun for me :)

Magic Witch(6400 stitches)
Comments
Don't know what to tell you about your heel stitches. That doesn't happen when you use circulars? Hm. Well, next time you might try going down a needle size for that part of the sock...
I knit Continental style, reputed to wreck a lot of people's purl tension, and have never had a problem -- I wrap the yarn fairly tightly around my little finger and let it flow under the two middle fingers and over my index finger. When I knit I use my left middle finger to sort of hold the st open on the back of the work (I didn't even know I was doing this until someone told me), which I don't do when purling.
Not that any of that helps if you knit English style.