SBQ and Booking Through Thursday
Today's SBQ was suggested by Cheryl and is:
What cross-stitch magazines or other publications (as opposed to
blogs) do you read on a regular basis? What do you like about them?
What do you not like? What would your perfect publication include?
I actually do not read any cross stitch magazines currently. I used to subscribe to "Just Cross Stitch" and occasionally I would get some of the British cross stitch publications, but, honestly, they didn't really have a lot of patterns that worked for me. I've grown tired of cute patterns, kitchen patterns, and simple stuff. I have entered a big a$$ project phase and there aren't any publications that cater to that. I think that at this point I would prefer a publication that had more informative/historical articles--I would rather learn about the history of stitching and techniques than to thumb through pages of tiny, simple designs.
Booking Through Thursday
What cross-stitch magazines or other publications (as opposed to
blogs) do you read on a regular basis? What do you like about them?
What do you not like? What would your perfect publication include?
I actually do not read any cross stitch magazines currently. I used to subscribe to "Just Cross Stitch" and occasionally I would get some of the British cross stitch publications, but, honestly, they didn't really have a lot of patterns that worked for me. I've grown tired of cute patterns, kitchen patterns, and simple stuff. I have entered a big a$$ project phase and there aren't any publications that cater to that. I think that at this point I would prefer a publication that had more informative/historical articles--I would rather learn about the history of stitching and techniques than to thumb through pages of tiny, simple designs.
Booking Through Thursday
Today's questions are from Marie. Thank you!
- Do you finish every book you start, no matter how bad it gets? Why? A most resounding NO! In college(as a lit major)I had to read a ton of crap all the way to the end--it was tedious and torturous as hell and once I graduated I promised myself that I would never again force myself to read something I couldn't stand again. Now I give the book 5 chapters or so to grab my attention and if it doesn't it gets shelved, given away, or tossed.
- Do you ever sneak-read the ending before you finish the book? If so, what about the book tends to cause you to do so? Kind of, I did with HP6--I just had to know who it was before I finished the book. But as a rule I don't read ahead--what fun is it to know the ending before you get there. Just like when I had my kids, I never found out what they were until they popped out ;)
Comments