Finished Object
Just finished my Chutes and Ladders sock from the Six Sox Knitalong. I made them with the KnitPicks dye-your-own sock yarn which I dyed with 5 packs of cherry kool-aid. I would have liked the color to be darker, but I kind of like the variegated effect I got with this pair--it was my first attempt at dying--live and learn, right. I used the instructions in the Knitty archives for dying.

Chutes & Ladders
This pair was lots of fun. I plan on doing a pair for my son with some Dreambaby DK that I have in my stash.
I think I may be putting socks on the back burner for a while. I want August to be my "month of lace" and then I would like to work on a few sweaters(one for my son, one for my daughter, two for me LOL). Knowing me I'll crack and still have a pair of socks "on the sticks"--they are such a great portable project that they are hard for me to resist :)
Happy knitting and happy weekend,
Aloha:)

Chutes & Ladders
This pair was lots of fun. I plan on doing a pair for my son with some Dreambaby DK that I have in my stash.
I think I may be putting socks on the back burner for a while. I want August to be my "month of lace" and then I would like to work on a few sweaters(one for my son, one for my daughter, two for me LOL). Knowing me I'll crack and still have a pair of socks "on the sticks"--they are such a great portable project that they are hard for me to resist :)
Happy knitting and happy weekend,
Aloha:)
Comments
Your socks look beautiful!
I took a break from socks for a while myself, well, I guess technically it wasn't very long, but it felt like it. However, I picked up an easy-peasy pair to work on during a couple of plane trips this last week, and I forgot how much I like to have one going. It's the only knitting I have that's really easily portable.