What I'll Miss(The Final Chapter)

For the past few weeks I have been taking a tour through memory lane and sharing with everyone the things I'll miss most about living here in Utah. Well, today we have reached the final chapter and I can honestly say that I have left the best for last :)

About a year and a half ago I entered my LYS on a Thursday night to participate in a knitting group. That evening(and the many other Thursdays that followed)allowed me to grow as a knitter and make some fabulous friends in the process. That group is the best gift that Utah has given me!


The Greatest Gift of All

Here they are: Row 1(left to right)Sally, Andrea, Erika, Karyn, Brooke, Laurie; Row 2:Amy, Kristi, Krista, and Amber. Missing are: another Amy, Melissa, and Randy(and anyone else I have forgotten).

They came over on Sunday to give me a going away party--they came over to eat, knit, and chat--and it was wonderful! As I told them, I will be hard pressed to ever find a group of people that has meant more to me than them--they have set the bar really high for any knitting group I will be a part of in the future. I just love these women--and Randy ;)

The knitting and companionship would have been more than enough for me but they also gave me a VERY generous gift--a swift, ballwinder, and gift certificate! I will think of them every time I wind a ball of yarn from my ever growing stash--not just because of the gorgeous swift(to be pictured later) but because they all signed the base of the swift, so I will have a permanent reminder of the BEST thing I have received from my time in Utah---my GREAT friends :) Again, I must shout from the rooftops--I LOVE YOU GUYS and I cannot begin to find the words to describe all I have gained from each and every one of you!!!

Happy knitting everyone!
Aloha :)

PS--I did get to KIP on Saturday--if you count my front yard as "public"--the weather looked ominous so the park was out and my dear son decided to sleep the afternoon away(which eliminated a trip to Barnes and Noble):) I am more than halfway done with the final baby blanket in the "Baby Blanket-a-thon"(picture to follow) and I am more than ready to finish it so that I can dive headlong into my growing list of lace projects--I am ready for my "summer of lace" to begin! Also, thank you to everyone who commented on how to decide what to pack from my knitting stuff--I think that Kim had the best idea--pack everything!

Comments

Anonymous said…
:) Cute picture. I bet your group will miss you, but hopefully you'll find a good one in Colorado too! Good luck with the packing!
Andrea said…
You will indeed be missed. Thank you for having us over for your own going-away party on Sunday! I had a wonderful time, and our group just won't be the same without you.
Anonymous said…
I see Laurie! How fun to have everyone together. You might remember Judy who moved to Idaho. I miss her so much. You will be missed, too. At least we have Blogland.;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Stashalong--Sign ups end Jan.1

Stashalong--Week 2 of 13

Out of Town