Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Christmas Survey

My sisters and I emailed this to each other so I thought I'd post my answers here. If you do it let me know, I'd love to see your answers :)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. If I had an infinite amount of time I'd love to do really fancy wrapping with all my presents--you know with lots of ribbon. In a moment of insanity I have even thought about knitting "ribbon"--like I-cord or something more intricate.

2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial--I can't even keep a plant alive. A Christmas tree in our house would become a fire hazard in record time.

3. When do you put up the tree?
The day after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down?
New Year's Day.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes, or at least I used to. I have not had it in ages. Now my big treat is the occasional eggnog latte.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My Breyer horses. For many years all I would ask for were Breyer horses. I still have them(at my parent's house). My absolute favorite was the Black Stallion. We are trying to figure out how to get them out here--they would be a nightmare to ship because they are fairly delicate.


7. Hardest person to buy for?
My husband.


8. Easiest person to buy for?
Diva and Rage.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, it sits up high on our mantle so Diva and Rage don't take off with various farm animals and baby Jesus.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail, but as of the last couple of years I have been really bad about getting any Christmas cards out and this year will be especially difficult as I have NO idea where I put my address book.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I should probably not answer this question, but my husband is the king of bad gifts a tradition dating back to our dating days. We've known each other for almost 25 years and I have had 2 Christmas gifts that showed any type of forethought(both after we were married thank goodness).

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Elf.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
November.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Cut out Christmas cookies.

16. Lights on the tree?
Lots of white lights--lots, and lots, and lots. If I could get a tree made entirely of lights I would do it.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Carol of the Bells.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay home--way too hard to travel with kiddos at Christmas time.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Yes, is there anyone that can't?

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Traffic, it gets worse and worse at the malls and grocery stores the closer you get to Christmas.

22. Favorite ornament theme or color?
My tree right now is covered almost entirely with Hallmark ornaments. I have been collecting them since 1994; they all have special meaning to us so it's fun to get them out each year.

I also have a dream of getting a second tree and covering it completely in hand made ornaments.

23. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Nothing really. I'd like to get the will power to lose the rest of the weight I have to lose and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

24. Angel on the tree top or a star?
This year we have a star. Usually I put a large ribbon bow on top of the tree. I'd really love to have an ornament finial up there next year.

25. Favorite Christmas dinner?
Well, it used to be sushi(when we lived in Hawaii) but now I don't really have a "favorite" Christmas dinner. I usually make filet Mignon with rice and veggies. Nothing too fancy.

2 comments:

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Once again, we are very similar in our answers, except for the eggnog and sushi things (and I've never had either). :)

Karen said...

I did the meme over at my knit blog.

inknittingnews.blogspot.com

Happy knitting!