Monday, September 08, 2014

September 2014

So I just reviewed my summer to do list and I felt like I accomplished nothing but it looks like I got more done than I thought.  This summer was BORING.  It was a summer about nothing that went too fast.

The kiddos are back in school and I am getting back into a routine.

Here are a few summer knitting finishes:

First up, my "Groovy" socks.  I had been wanting to knit this pattern for a while and I'm pleased with how they turned out.  The yarn is OnLine SuperSocke Neon Color.  It is bright and an odd grouping of colors but I love having wild colored socks.
Groovy socks 8/2014Groovy wip


Next up, two pairs of  Felted Clogs.  One for me, one for DH.  Most of my friends have knit numerous pairs of these but these are the first pairs I have knit.  A friend knit pairs for each of my kiddos and I decided all of us needed a pair.  They aren't the prettiest things but they are warm and comfortable and that's what really matters for padding around the house.
Felted clogs 2014


This fall I have yet another ambitious list of things to get to and hopefully I'll have more time and more motivation for the more challenging things.

Here's the list so far:

1.  Clean out our basement.  I avoid this like the plague but it NEEDS to get done ASAP.  I really need to find a place where I can donate gently used toys.  It seems a shame to throw them out I'm sure someone would get some use out of them.

2.  Get rid of magazines.  I have a borderline hoarder mentally on magazines.  I have some knitting and cross stitching magazines that I need to unload.  I also love home decorating magazines.  I think I should just a make a binder with my favorite stuff and get rid of the rest.

3.  T Shirt Quilt. . .seriously, I have a ton of  t shirts I've been saving and I want to make lap quilts for the family.  I just need to get over my fear and jump in headfirst with this.

4.  Read Dance with Dragons.  I'm FINALLY on the most recent  Game of Thrones book and I'm very excited to work my way through it.

5.  Reach my goal weight.  I have been working this year on losing weight.  Prior to summer I had lost 25 pounds but I put on a few over the summer.  In the spring I found the DietBet site and it really helped me lose weight and I won some money in the process!  I have an attainable goal by the end of the year and I'm thinking of using DietBet again to help me get there.  I start my sixth bet tomorrow.

6.  Knit--I have the sock bug right now and I also am loving knitting clothes for my Blythe dolls.

7.  Stitch--Find time to cross stitch.  Finish 12 Days of Christmas BEFORE Christmas. . .what a novel idea!

8.  Blog at least once a  month.  I have gotten away from blogging but I do miss it.  It's something I do just for me and it keeps me on track with goals and such.

9.  Oh, almost forgot, I would like to win the lottery.  Not an obscene amount of money, just enough to be comfortable.  (Can't be greedy after all).

So that's about it for now.  Back in October if not sooner!

1 comment:

Sam said...

The socks are fab. And your feet will thank you for the cosy slippers :)
I like your goals. I have a similar list - a basement that needs some serious attention, some unwanted weight that just needs to go... and crafting! Yeah! Good luck with your list x