Monday, March 04, 2013

Family Socks

It's been awhile since I have blogged.

As my kiddos are getting older, I find that they are monopolizing more of the computer time(as well as my limited free time), so it's harder for me to find time to sit and write a post.  My kids are in martial arts/crossfit class three nights per week and I've found that lends itself to some knitting time without the guilt--since I am a captive audience there for an hour and a half.

I have been loving the Simple Skyp sock pattern and decided to knit a pair of socks for everyone in my family.  So far I have finished Diva's, Rage's, and mine.  I'm working on DH's pair during class time now.

Mine(knitted with Twisted Fiber Art Tasty in the Maple colorway):
Skype 19Sept2012a

Diva's(knitted with Three Irish Girls Adorn sock in the Rhiannon colorway):
Crash's Simple Skyps oct2012

Rage's(knitted with Socks That Rock Lightweight in the Dragon Dance colorway):
Rage SS2

I have finished a couple of other things but I'll save that for a later post--just socks today :)

What else is on my mind?
--In the last 6 months or so, I have completely lost my cross stitching mojo.  I'm hoping that comes back with spring time--Lord knows I have enough to work on.
--I started a new workout program last week--Cathe Friedrich's Xtrain--I am sore everywhere but I love it.  My workouts were feeling stale to me and I needed something to shake it up so I decided to go back to Cathe.  It's interesting to me how cyclical that is.  I had been doing Beachbody workouts since 2008 very consistently(P90X, Insanity, Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, and Chalean Extreme) prior to that I had been doing Cathe's workouts(too many to list).  I love switching things up for a new challenge.
--Little Diva is not so little anymore. . .she turned 13 over the weekend!  I can't believe I have a teenager!
--I am addicted to Pinterest--I love wasting time there ;)
--I really, really would love to make a quilt this year. . .just trying to find the time, motivation, and the guts to take that leap.
--In Fall 2012, I joined my first ever yarn club.  It was with Twisted Fiber Art and I LOVED it.  I'm doing Spring 2013 as well. . .can't wait for my first package later this month.
--I can now add Thirty One bags to my Vera Bradley bag addiction.

I think that's about it for now.  Happy crafting everyone!

2 comments:

Marina said...

31? Really? Do you use a different one every day or are they all filled with different WIPs. I'm embarrassed to say I use old shopping bags to store my WIPs. The only knitting bag I own was given to me and holds junk.

The socks look wonderful. I'm still trying to like sock knitting.

Kim said...

Marina, 31 is a brand of bag. I have a lot of big bags. I use them for knitting, cross stitch, and purses. With kids I tend to have a lot of stuff traveling with me at all times.