Saturday, December 08, 2012

Year in Review 2012

I'm getting the ball rolling on some end of the year things and decided to post this now rather than later.  I love having a record of what has caught my fancy over the previous year.

Year in Review 2012

1. your best FO of the year:
Color Affection--I love the way that turned out.

2. best FO of the year made by a blog you link to:
Truthfully I haven't been reading many knitting/stitching blogs in the last 6 months.

3. best yarn you tried:
Twisted Fiber Art Tasty--it's an amazing wool/cashmere blend.

4. best book/mag/pattern of 2012:

Book:
Push by Chalene Johnson

Magazine:
Oxygen, Vogue Knitting, Country Living, Where Women Create, and People

Pattern:
Simple Skyp Socks

Website:
Runs for Cookies

5. best new technique or gadget you tried in 2012:
My To Do list app on my phone, I would be lost without it.

6. top 5 inspirations--what five things inspired you the most over the past year?
  **My daughter--she is growing up to be such an incredible young lady and she's been bitten by the fitness bug just like her mom ;)
  **My son--he is growing and changing right before my eyes, he has a good heart, and he always makes me laugh
  **Ravelry--my 'go to' place for knitting inspiration
  **Pinterest--it's a huge time suck but wow can you find some good stuff there.
  **Runs for Cookies--that blog is inspirational every day.  Katie is my hero!

7. designer who most amazed and inspired you throughout the year.
I don't know that I have a specific designer who has stood out for me this year.  I'm all over the place with my likes and dislikes lately.

8. Challenges for 2013--what's next for you and your blog?
**for my blog--I'm going to shoot for at least two posts per month.  Things have gotten pretty hectic around the house and that has taken up most of my time--leaving crafting time to a minimum unfortunately.
**for me--continue to improve my fitness and my diet, continue to improve my mind, and continue to be mindful of how my action/inaction affects those around me.
**start and finish a quilt. . .possibly Swoon or a T-shirt quilt
**continue to try and find balance in my life.

No comments: