Monday, January 16, 2012

It was going so well. . .

BUT, clearly something has gone wrong. I finished the first page of QS Lovers and there is a glaring problem. Can you spot it? Does it look like this chick has a screaming case of rosacea or has possibly been slapped hard in the face?

Qslvrs 16jan12-completed page

I have done a million things to try and figure out what went wrong with her face--bought new floss, took everything to the cross stitch shop to have another pair of eyes look at it, posted it on the HAED BB--all my floss is the correct color and the only thing that makes sense right now, if it is not a charting error, is that I did something wrong. I think I have pinpointed it to a specific color(DMC 224). There is NO WAY I am frogging over 1 stitches on 28 count SOOOOOO that means I get to restitch the ENTIRE page all 7,840 stitches. Right now I am too angry to redo it and therefore I will be letting it set until February.

Onto other things for a couple of weeks.

8 comments:

Katie said...

It's probably supposed to be shading. Has Michelle (the owner of HAED) answered you about it?

Joysze said...

Oh Kim.... that's terrible. I'm so sorry. :(

I just saw Thea's update on her blog.... maybe she'll be able to help?
http://gizzimomosstitchyplace.blogspot.com/

Good luck with it.

Kate said...

:( ((((((huge hugs))))

Kate said...

:( ((((HUGS))))

♥ Nia said...

ohhhh.. so sorry =/

Linda said...

ooh ..aww hope it works out, but it still looks GREAT!
hugs!

Yarny Days said...

Oh what a bummer, but I must say it looks wonderful. And I am not just making you feel better.

Laura said...

I'm on the same boat as you, even posted in your thread. Mine is a little less prominent though, I think it's all on the fabric ct and thread count.