Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Year in Review 2011

Year in Review 2011

1. your best FO of the year:

My Birdie Sling--it was my first sewing piece since 8th grade and I love it!

2. best FO of the year made by a blog you link to:

I can't say that I remember anything offhand that really blew me away. Knitting blogs have kind of slowed down and stitching blogs seem to be revving up. I am looking forward to seeing some amazing things in 2012!

3. best yarn you tried:

Lion Brand Cotton Ease. I have always disliked cotton yarn but I love the way this feels, I used it for a baby blanket and I loved it.

4. best book/mag/pattern of 2011:

Book:
PUSH by Chalene Johnson--it isn't just a fitness book, it's a get your life together book. I love it!

Magazine:
HGTV magazine--LOVE it!
Country Living magazine

Pattern:
Cambridge

Website:
Pintrest
Chalene Johnson

5. best new technique or gadget you tried in 2011:
Pintrest--love it! I guess I would classify it as a gadget :)

6. top 5 inspirations--what five things inspired you the most over the past year?
1. Amigurumi--it got me to get my act together with crochet
2. The Royal Wedding--I love Kate's style, what an icon.
3. Fabric--I have taken tentative steps into sewing and I love all the inspiration out there.
4. Chalene Johnson's 30 Day Challenge--I did it in October, November, and December and it has been a life changer.
5. Heaven and Earth Designs--I did not do a lot of stitching this year but I lurked on the message board, the site, and the blogs and I am getting my stitching mojo back!

7. designer who most amazed & inspired you throughout the year:

Amy Butler and Heaven and Earth designs

8. Challenges for 2012--what's next for you and your blog?
2012 will be the year of productivity for me. I am going to be working my way through what I have and hopefully I can keep new purchases to a minimum. Working through the Stash will be my motto in 2012.

No comments: