Friday, November 11, 2011

Currently Stitching

I am going to be working on Eternal Promise(Stewart). It is a retired HAED artist piece, it is one of the first I started, and it drives me crazy because back in the day when I started this--it was my first HAED design--I started it 1 over 1 instead of my currently prefered 2 over 1. I do NOT like 1 over 1 I have decided BUT I need to finish this at some point before I die SO I am suffering through.

If anyone has any tips for starting threads 1 over 1 please share. Thanks :)

1 comment:

Joysze said...

Kim, this looks fantastic!!

Have you heard of a type of start called 'waste knot'? http://crossstitch.about.com/od/stitchtechniques/ss/stwasteknot.htm

That's how I start, but not that far away and without the knot, but it's something to explore. :)