Friday, October 07, 2011

Socktoberfest

socks for Rage 2011 by KnitterinProgress
socks for Rage 2011, a photo by KnitterinProgress on Flickr.

I finished a pair of socks for Rage last night during my hockey viewing time(LETS GO PENS!).

I actually started this pair of socks in April. I finished the first one quickly then it got back-burnered with spring and summer. When I wanted to start the second sock I had Rage try on the first. . .it didn't fit. Apparently my young man is getting very big feet SOOO I had to rip out the first finished sock and reknit the pair. He is now at a 60 stitch cast on(I usually use a 64 for me)--he's 8 almost 9.

Rage picked this color on our trip to Texas last year. It's Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Satsuma. Perfect October orange :) I can't even tell you how proud I was that he picked Lorna's Laces. He and his sister had their pick of the sock yarn(she chose Noro sock). Neither kiddo may want to knit but they sure can pick yarn ;)

No comments: