Monday, October 17, 2011

Chalean Extreme--Month 2

Yesterday, I finished the second month of Chalean Extreme--PUSH. The Push month is all about using the heaviest weight possible with slow reps and short sets. I really enjoyed concentrating on one muscle group at a time with the heavy weights. I never thought I'd say this but I think I will be investing in 30 pound dumbbells pretty soon--my 25s were getting pretty light by the end of the month when I was doing leg work.

I only lost one pound over the month but I feel a lot leaner and stronger(not P90X stronger but stronger). My eating has been cleaner this month than on any other program I have done. I still have my lapses but they are getting fewer and farther between. I am finding that, although it is boring, having a set menu to turn to is really helping.

I stuck with the two cardio workouts on the workout schedule plus I added an additional cardio on Tuesdays(just like I did in month 1).

I love the length of these workouts, they lend themselves easily to doubling up which I tend to do on weeks when I have a bunch of things going on.

Today I start the LEAN month which is the final month of the program. I previewed the Lean dvds yesterday and I am ready for them today. I am going to switch out my weekly cardio and abs with the extra dvd included in the set. I am really going to be mixing it up this month and I am looking forward to seeing my results.

No comments: