Friday, August 19, 2011

Turbo Fire--5 Day Inferno Plan

On Sunday, August 15, I started the 5 Day Inferno plan that was included in my Turbo Fire package. Basically it is supposed to clean up your eating and help you drop a few pounds.

Instead of using each day's food plan, I went through and chose 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner, and 2 snacks. I just shopped for those things. So I have been eating the same thing every day but, in all honesty, I usually eat close to the same thing everyday anyhow. I also noticed that the days calories in this 5 Day plan actually matches up to the minimum I am supposed to be eating on Weight Watchers(I never eat just the minimum but I am this week).

I did the workouts as scheduled with two changes, I subbed Fire 60 for Fire 55ez on Day 1 and Day 5.

I did it mostly to try and get my eating cleaned up a little more but I was hoping for around a 5 pound loss. The hardest part, by far, was that I was only allowed water or plain coffee or tea. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE diet Pepsi and I did not have one drop for the last 5 days. The second hardest part was no sweets--I do miss those but maybe after this it will be easier for me to limit those? We shall see.

What I liked:

1. It is only 5 days.

2. After the first couple of days of initial hunger, I got used to the daily portions and really enjoyed the meals I chose, they were filling and tasted good(especially the loaded baked potato I got to have for lunch--yum!).

3. I liked my variation of choosing one item from each meal in the booklet. I typed them up and printed it, so that I could create a grocery list and then I posted it in my kitchen so I could see at a glance what I should be including in each meal.

4. Time will tell but I think that I made some positive changes eating wise. I really liked that it helped me understand how to do the 5 smaller meals per day instead of 3 big ones. It lays out the servings so you can really see what you should be eating every 2-3 hours.

5. I think this 5 Day program lives up to its billing as being able to get your ready for something in 5 days.

What I disliked:

1. Having to do Fire 55ez for three days--that's why I subbed in Fire 60 for two days. I am not a fan of the music in Fire 55ez--it's okay but there are other DVDs with better. Way too much "Push It" in that one.

2. I don't know what this says about me but I was dreaming about diet Pepsi and desserts; these were so vivid that I would wake up and get upset with myself for not sticking with the program. So sad.

3. I am not sure how permanent the weight loss I acheived will be. It seems to me that dropping that much weight in such a short period of time is not really sustainable even though it is technically in the minimum range of what my WW points are daily.

The end result:

Pounds lost in 5 days: 5 pounds!! I met my goal :)

Inches lost in my waist(the only measurement I take): 1 inch

I am taking the weekend off to recover a bit and get ready to start Chalean Extreme on Monday. Maybe I can fit in some knitting and stitching this weekend--after I clean my house, it's a disaster in here.

3 comments:

Yarny Days said...

Oh, how interesting. Look forward to hearing how it all goes. And oh yes, congratulations on losing 5!

CynCyn said...

5 lbs in 5 days!! That's impressive! How is the knee? Are the kids all settled into school?

Robyn said...

Oh, I feel your pain on the soda pop. I LOVE Cokes. And not diet, either. I'm doing ChaLEAN Extreme and TurboFire now, and thinking about this inferno deal. I'm trying to not drink any soda at all. Tomorrow will be my first day of no soda, and no bagel for breakfast. It's gonna suck.