Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chalean Extreme. . .a new workout adventure!

Thoughts on my first week of Chalean Extreme.

August 22, 2011:

BURN Phase Day 1

I did Burn 1 this morning and I added in an additional cardio workout. I used the nutrition guide provided with the program and chose one breakfast, one lunch, one dinner, and two snacks. My breakfast was ricotta cheese with cinnamon, berries, and slivered almonds. I was NOT loving it. It's going to be a tough one to choke down all week, I'll tell you that.

August 25, 2011:

BURN Phase Day 4

Today it was Burn Intervals and Ab Burner both of which are right up my alley. I loved Burn Intervals what a great mix of cardio and weights. I am pleasantly sore from my workouts earlier in the week and that just lets me know that I am working things in a new way.

I was thinking last night that October 2010 was the last time I did a weight workout. Turbo Fire uses resistance bands which I think are good for toning but it's not the same as hoisting good, old fashioned weights. I can't wait to try the CLX/TF hybrid when I finish CLX.

One of the things I learned from my 5 Day Inferno experiment last week was how to eat 5 small meals per day. I am eating about every three hours and every meal contains a fruit or vegetable as well as protein. I am definitely not as hungry and, hopefully, I am still dropping weight.

August 28, 2011:

Rest Day--BURN Phase Day 7

Finished my first week of Chalean Extreme. I added in a few more cardio workouts including one on the first rest day earlier in the week. I am going to enjoy a workout free day today--not work free though, I have to mow the lawn, do laundry, and grocery shop for the kiddos lunch boxes.

I will weigh in tomorrow morning. The tough thing with weighing myself when doing a weight routine is that I know if I am sore my weight may not change or may go up. Muscles soreness means small tears in the muscle which means that your body retains water and such to help heal it up. I took my waist measurement this morning and it is about 1/2 inch smaller than when I finished the 5 Day Inferno. I am trying to get my waist to 32 inches(at the most)--Dr. Oz says your waist should be your height in inches divided by 2 so that's my goal. Right now I am at 34 inches.

I have been knitting and hopefully will have progress pictures soon. I am also trying to workout a schedule that will accommodate my fitness goals, family obligations, day-to-day stuff, knitting, reading, AND stitching. I am feeling the need to make progress in all areas of my life. :)

1 comment:

Yarny Days said...

Great progress! That is interesting (about the Dr.Oz waist calculation)...