Saturday, April 02, 2011

Introducing. . .

Naps2apr2011 by KnitterinProgress
Naps2apr2011, a photo by KnitterinProgress on Flickr.



On March 24, Casa KiP added two more to our ranks. Meet Molly(left) and Max(right)--Molly named for Molly Weasley and Max for one of my favorite hockey players. They are Abyssinian kittens, they are sister and brother, and they are 4 months old. This is the first time I was able to catch them asleep together where one, the other, or both didn't pop up at the slightest sound.

I have not had kittens in 14 years and the last time it was only me teaching them the rules of the house. Now they have to fit in with DH, Diva, Rage, and a very disgruntled/confused Bailey(our 14 year old Tonkinese). These two are very smart, probably too smart for their own good. Max is a lot bigger and a giant bundle of love and playfulness. Molly is half Max's size and I believe she is working her tiny cuteness so that she can get her own way not only with the humans in the house but also the other cats. She seems to have a bit of "bully" in her as well; this little pint size ball of fur does not hesitate to hiss/growl/confront her brother or Bailey.

I do have evidence of a tentative truce between the three. On Thursday I was able to snap this picture of the three of them sharing the big sunspot in our family room. Apparently all differences can be forgotten when a warm spot is involved :)

Group sun 30Mar2011 by KnitterinProgress
Group sun 30Mar2011, a photo by KnitterinProgress on Flickr.



We are all very happy(well I wouldn't say BB is "very happy") and are enjoying getting to know these two.

3 comments:

CynCyn said...

O.muh. guh. they are sooo smooshablely adorable it makes my teeth hurt. Hope BB doesn't get too jealous.

StarSpry said...

Molly and Max are so adorable!!! I'm glad the cats were able to share the sunspot :) I hope BB will get used to the new kittens soon!!

Sara said...

Aw! They are precious! Congrats on your new additions!