Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Skewed



I have started, and restarted, and restarted, and restarted this pair of socks too many times to count. I have finally finished the first one. I branched out and learned magic loop for this one and I learned a new toe up Cast-On.

I followed the pattern exactly and they are just a little bit too long in the foot BUT I am not ripping it out. This yarn is sticky and knots easily. The pattern was fun as it is a departure from traditional sock structure.

On to number 2!

Stats:
Needle: 1.5 40" circular
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Sock
Pattern: Skew from Knitty

4 comments:

Valerie said...

That turned out really nice! Hopefully the second sock will be less frustrating.

CynCyn said...

I"m so proud of you for sticking it out and continuing with magic loop instead of your beloved DPNs.

Can't wait to see the finished pair!

Sara said...

It's really pretty, tho!

Jeni said...

Looks great!! And no one was hurt while making this sock, that we know of.