Monday, February 01, 2010

Olympic Warmup

I figured I should transition my mind from knitting to stitching if I plan on meeting my Olympic goal of starting/finishing Ink Circles The Bramble and the Rose, so I pulled out Blackstone Fantasy Garden(also by Ink Circles) in order to get my mind and fingers back in the stitching groove.

I started this piece quite a while ago and have just pulled it out of the WIP pile.

Stats:
Fabric: 28 count white evenweave, the exact type I can't remember
Floss: I'm changing the colors from the original piece. So far I've used DMC 814(the reddish color) and DMC 803 (the blue). I'll be using DMC Impressions floss for the rest of the piece.
Stitched: 2 over 2

I'm hoping to have all the outlining done before the Olympics starts. When I first picked this back up at the beginning of January I only had about 1.5 pages done(of the outlining)--now I only have 2 of the 9 pages left before I start filling in :)

3 comments:

stitchinfiend said...

Looking great.

Michelle said...

You are making great progress on this! So, I noticed on your sidebar that you've been participating in Nanowrimo. Curious what you're writing...

Sam said...

Stylish pattern... I look forward to seeing more. (And wowza that's a lot of work)