Monday, July 06, 2009

Weekend Knitting



I started(actually restarted for the fourth time)a pair of socks over the weekend. I had been wanting to try making a pair of socks using the Fibonacci stripe method and I thought doing a pair in Pens colors would be perfect. So my dilemma has been whether or not I need to cut the yarn between the bigger stripes--hence the multiple restarts. I finally ended up with cutting the yarn before each repeat of eight(I'm doing stripes in the following order: 2, 3, 5, 8, 1) and even spreading it out that much is going to leave a boatload of ends to weave in so this will probably be my first and last pair of Fibonacci striped socks ;)

I thought about doing jogless stripes and then decided I didn't feel like adding that into the mix. Now that I have a pattern down, it makes nice mindless knitting.

No comments: