Saturday, July 25, 2009

Totally Useless SAL

I have been seeing this on numerous stitching blogs over the past few months and I finally decided to go see what exactly the details were. I went here and it looks like fun so I'm in :)



Brief rules summary(quick reference for me):

1. Find a see-through container: i.e., mayonnaise jar, fish bowl, jelly/jam jar, something you'll enjoy. Containers may be changed at your pleasure.

2. Every time you are stitching throughout the coming year you agree to put all your "stitching throw aways" in this container. This may include:

**regular Orts (thread ends)
**little snips of fabric
**broken buttons
**a bead or two
**worn out needles
**the labels from used up floss skeins
**whatever you like, as long as it is, or rather, was going to be part of a stitching project currently underway

3. You may include orts from any type of stitching project: cross stitch, knitting, crochet, whatever, but please do not include other craft leftovers such as paper crafts, rubber stamping, etc.


I'm going to be on the lookout for a cool container but until then I have a jar that will do.

No comments: