Sunday, July 19, 2009

Crafty Goodies

Every year a few of the Knitting Crew get together for a trip to mountains for knitting, eating, and general merriment. This year we were all tasked to contribute something to the gift bags.

I decided to make scissor fobs. For those who are unfamiliar a scissor fob is hooked onto one of the scissor handles and its length helps you find your scissors in a cluttered bag. I suppose you could also use them as a zipper pull or general decoration as well.

Here's what I came up with:

I just used a jumble of different glass beads. Each fob has two cupcakes, a piece of sushi(not everyone in the Crew likes sushi but I do), a knitting element(yarn, sweater, or sock), and a drink. They all have a charm on the bottom that says "Love Much, Laugh Often".

I had fun making them and they were much easier than I thought. The tutorial can be found here.

2 comments:

StarSpry said...

I love mine! Thanks for making these, Kim :)

Knitting by the Pond said...

They are great! Good job! :) Hope you had fun with the girls :)