Friday, May 08, 2009

A Book Meme

I haven't done a meme in a while and I came across this one(here), so here we go.

First Lines Meme
The rules:
1. Pick 10 of your favorite books
2. Post the first sentence of each book. (If one sentence seems too short, post two or three!)
3. Let everyone try to guess the titles and authors of your books!

==========================================================================

**Let me preface this by saying these are favorites in no particular order and, in all honesty, my favorite books change a lot--so I guess this would be more of "my 10 favorites as I write this" kind of thing ;)

1. "Harry Potter was a highly unusual boy in many ways."

2. "Call me Insomniac." It's three A.M. and as usual, I'm awake, wandering around my New York apartment."

3. "Even if you don't care to travel, if you're a knitter, you're on a journey to an amazing land."

4. "I was dreaming of cool flesh and sheets the color of fresh blood."

5. "Zarek leaned back in his seat as the helicopter took off."

6. "The King must die. Four single-syllable words."

7. "Goddamn it, Zsadist! Don't jump--"

8. "Completely motionless, Megeara Saatsakis stood on the edge of a cliff looking out on waters so perfectly blue they were almost too painful to behold."

9. "There is a world of difference between domesticity and domestication."

10. "The era, in retrospect, was very kind to dumb ideas."
=================================================

I'll post the answers on Monday. Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Annette said...

I know the series for 1, 4, 5, 7 & 8 LOL