Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Three Down, One to Go

I have been working on a pair of socks while I have been watching the Pittsburgh Penguins play in the NHL playoffs. The Pens are ahead in their series 3-1 and they only need to win one more game to make it through the first round(they have 3 games left to do that) and I have finished one sock and have one to go as well :)


I really love how this sock doesn't start the lace pattern until after you turn the heel.

I think the whole design of it is inspired although I will admit that it required me to let go of my traditional sock knitting tendencies and just follow the pattern. It gets very interesting after you turn the heel.

Oh, it's the Kai-Mei sock from Cookie A's new book.

5 comments:

Sam said...

Oh yes, this is really nice. Love the lace detail on the foot - adds a nice interesting touch.

Stacey said...

It's gorgeous Kim! I started the "Wanida" sock a few nights ago and I'm loving it! :)

StarSpry said...

I love the lace detail! It looks great :)

WandaWoman said...

Cool sock! I might have to make this one. Is this the one that has so many revisions and errata? Lovely. What sock yarn are you using?

Rima said...

Great pair of socks! I really like the lace work on them.