Thursday, March 05, 2009

Thankful

February was really a roller coaster month here at Casa KiP.

There were a lot of personal things--some good, some bad(which I'm not delving into here). All of which caused me to do a lot of reflecting on what I am thankful for in my life.

First, my husband. I love this man and no matter what may go right or wrong in our lives I KNOW that we can get through anything together and I'm grateful for that everyday. I'm also thankful that I'm married to someone who sometimes really gets what will make my day:

For example, the Terrible Towel and Incredibad CD he got me for Valentine's Day. Those things may not sound romantic but they really made me happy--the man "gets" me what can I say?

Second, the kiddos. Diva and Rage. I have no idea how my life would be without them. Very, very empty I'm sure. They drive me nuts sometimes but they definitely make everyday better.

Finally, the crew. It seems rare in life that you meet a group of people who can make you laugh, give you hope, and keep you sane--no matter how insane things seem to be going. My knitting crew are that group of people for me. I have no idea what I would do without them--really, you guys are the best.

I need to thank them specifically for helping me leave February on a positive note. They took me out to dinner and spoiled me with gifts for my (cough, cough) 40th birthday.

Stacey, Tiffany, Jeni, Genia, Terrie, Michelle, Mary Kay, Sam, Wanda, and Whitney(thanks for the book--I can't wait to read it)

Thanks for the gift certificates--they will be put to good use and you are far too generous. And thanks for listening to me vent about life and such--it really makes I difference to know that I have a group of people who will listen to me rage and still be my friends :) Love you guys!

Some of the best gifts in life are not purchased with money but with friendship and understanding. I feel blessed to have some of that in my life.

4 comments:

CynCyn said...

Aww. Sorry that some of Feb was such a rotten month. Glad that you were able to usher it out on a good note!

WandaWoman said...

I have to tell you ditto. You are a great friend and we'll always be here for you and I know it's vice versa. Thanks for being a great friend. Glad you enjoyed your birthday and I hope you spoil yourself a little. xoxoxo

Sam said...

I've really enjoyed getting to know you, and love your fantastic sense of humour. Hugs, Sam

Mary-Kay said...

Your humor and your awesome body are the only reason I like you! Nah, You are totally fun and sincere and I'm glad we're friends. I love hanging out and knitting with you! Are you coming out tonight????