Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm all choked up.

I don't know if it's just me but I want my kiddos to have a crafty hobby. I have been pushing knitting on Diva since she turned 6. She can do the knit stitch but the addiction to knitting didn't take. . .sigh. Her theory is 'why should I learn how to knit, when you knit for me?'

But earlier last week, out of the blue, she asked me if I would teach her how to cross stitch. Not only that but she wants to design her own piece. Let me repeat that SHE.WANTS.TO.DESIGN.HER.OWN.PIECE. My thoughts went to the samplers little girls had to stitch back in old timey times. I could not be more proud. Oh, and she wants us to set aside a couple hours each week to stitch together! I love my little Diva :)

So yesterday we made the trek to JoAnns for her supplies for her first piece which will also be an original piece(can you tell I'm super proud/impressed by that). I have been cross stitching since I was 12 and I have never made up my own piece. Diva is completely unfazed by the prospect. I am so proud of her creative spirit that I could just weep, seriously.

I'll keep you all updated. I may even let her post a couple of times about her WIP.

*************************
P90XLean: Rest Day.

Tomorrow I begin my first recovery week. Still working out a lot just no weights next week.

5 comments:

CynCyn said...

Awww. She's adorable that one. Really knows how to get to her mom's softie side. I love that you'll now have set aside stitch time with LD!!

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

That's awesome!! :)

Sam said...

Aaah that is so sweet that you'll have some mother-daughter crafting time. I love how she's going to design her own piece. How fun!

Knitting by the Pond said...

Kim, that is so cool! :) What a great "mother-daughter" thing to do together!

WandaWoman said...

That's really cool Kim that LD wants to learn how to stitch. Especially cool that you are setting aside stitching time with LD.