Thursday, January 01, 2009

Challenges 2009

I don't seem to do well with resolutions, or long term goals, so I decided that rather than list a bunch of things now that I want to accomplish throughout this year, I would rather set up mini-challenges for myself throughout the year. I will probably set my challenges at the beginning of each month(depending on their duration).

There are a couple I'm starting on immediately:

(1) I'm challenging myself to have 3 months of the year where I post everyday.

Starting with this month--I tried last month and I posted 23 out of 31 days which is unheard of for me, so with a little extra push this month I think I can make all 31 :)


And this month's theme is Change which I felt was particularly apropos for me.

(2) The other challenge I'm presenting myself with is to finish a rotation of P90X Lean.

I'm actually in my first week right now(because I started on the 29th of December). And since I need to make myself super accountable on this one it will probably be a topic, or at least mentioned, in every post this month. I somehow have the feeling that most of my comments on this will involve pain--I just keep chanting to myself, No Pain, No Gain ;)

What goals/challenges/etc. are you setting for yourself? Care to join me in Challenges 2009?

3 comments:

michaele said...

I'm doing the Nakniswemodo. Crazy.

austin said...

I came to your post for 1-2-2008 (I wasn't able to find the comments section on 1-2 so I'm posting here on 1-2) expecting to find an entry about knitting. I was a bit surprised to find a post about P90XLean. I'll be looking forward to seeing how it goes for you. I've watched the infomercials and entertained the thought of ordering. I'm also looking forward to reading about your knitting too! I'm a very new knitter, only having completed two simple items. Happy New Year!

Sam said...

I'm going to do the NaKniSweMoDo thing and cast on for my January sweater.
I'm with you and want to get healthier in 2009 - I'm calling it my march to skinnyville!