Monday, December 29, 2008

Year in Review 2008

I did this last year and it was more "knitting-centric". This year I've altered it to include just about everything I've been up to this year.

1. your best FO of the year:
Honestly, my Bella's fingerless gloves. I use them all the time.

2. best FO of the year made by a blog you link to:
The Big Red Barn Raising Blanket--love the color and I love the reason behind it(I even made four squares in it).


3. best yarn you tried:
Dream in Color Smooshy--love the colors and the yarn

4. best new(to me) book/mag/pattern of 2008:

Book: The Black Dagger Brotherhood series(which I plan on rereading soon), Knitalong(love that book--it was huge inspiration this year), The Gentle Art of Domesticity

Magazine: Artful Blogging, Clean Eating, Oxygen

Pattern:
Mandala Shawl (on Ravelry)
Hedwig Owl Cowl (on Ravelry)

5. best new technique or gadget you tried in 2008:
You know, I'm pretty stumped on this one. I didn't try any new knitting techniques or gadgets this year--at least not that I can think of.

Cross stitching wise, I did start a couple of HAED pieces without gridding(flying without a net so to speak).

Exercise wise--I tried yoga and yoga blocks and I liked both :)


6. top 5 inspirations--what five things inspired you the most over the past year?
**JR Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Kresley Cole, and Stephenie Meyer--they are my paranormal romance writing heroes. I love their books.
**Artful Blogging, Cottage Living--both of those magazines are so inspiring to me
**Ink Circles and Heaven and Earth Designs--they always inspire my stitching
**Cathe Friedrich--my DVD personal trainer
**Oxygen Magazine and Clean Eating(the books and the magazine)--these inspire me to try and make myself better.

7. designer who most amazed & inspired you throughout the year:
**Ink Circles--for stitching
**Chic Knits--for knitting

8. Challenges for 2009--what's next for you and your blog?
I've decided not to make "resolutions" in 2009 but rather give myself "challenges" throughout the year.

The first challenge will be a year long one regarding my mind/body. It will consist of changes in diet, challenges in my workout routines, and some introspection. Suffice it to say there will be lots of sweat, reading, thinking, and journaling(some offline/some online).

2 comments:

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Yay for the Bella's Fingerless Gloves! Mine almost never leave my hands during winter as well! :)

CynCyn said...

what a great end of the year post!! i'm excited to try knitting with the smooshy...!!