Saturday, December 27, 2008

Fabulous Felted Child's Backpack


Stats:
Pattern: Fabulous Felted Backpack from Bags: A Knitters Dozen.
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Bulky in Victorian Pink

I have actually had the knitting and felting done for a couple of weeks, but it took me forever to get around to sewing the strap to the bag. This is the second one of these I have made and a lesson that I have learned is that, at least for our washing machine, one felting is enough. Both of the backpacks I have made I felted twice and that seems to lose just enough definition. It is kind of a toss up because I think that one felting would keep stitch definition but two felting makes it sturdier.

This will probably be my last project of the year--unless I finish Rage's hat in the next few days.

4 comments:

Rima said...

Ooooh! This is beautiful! Lovely...I especially like the texture.

CynCyn said...

I'm guessing the bag is for Little Diva... she didn't want to model it? So cute!

WandaWoman said...

C'mon Mom, finish Little Rage's hat! It's a kid's hat!! (haha)

The backpack is cute. I'm sure Little Diva will love this, along with her many hats!

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Cute!