Friday, October 10, 2008

You know you want to. . .

write 1667 words per day for a month!

For the last three years, I have spent the month of November participating in the madness that is National Novel Writing Month(nanowrimo, for short) and this year will be no exception.

I've loved doing it(and hated it on some days--when things aren't flowing particularly well). I look forward to completing my fourth year.

Why do I put myself through it year after year?
**I love the challenge it presents.
**I love staying up really, really late at night--just me, my iPod, my computer, my characters, and my story(it's worth being exhausted by the end of the month)
**I love that I can just let everything go and write completely getting lost in my story while letting my characters guide the way.
**I love that it allows me to explore genres that I normally would not try.
**I love having a 50,000 word novel at the end of the month that is just for me :)
**I feel like I have to earn the T-Shirt I treat myself to each year.

So, anyone out there brave enough to embark on the madness as well? You know you want to--especially since it is the 10 year anniversary this year.

4 comments:

Mel in Dubai said...

I won't join you :) but good luck with the writing!

WandaWoman said...

Have fun!

Lauralness said...

Maybe next year. That gives me a year to try and remember to come up with an idea and outline.

Good Luck!!

Laura said...

Me? LOL Nope. Not me. Very glad to hear you're doing it again, though. I'll be here to root you on. Go Kim!